• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

Image Attachments 101

Oh, so I am being singled out. As I said, that’s fine. Be forewarned, I could fill your message box up with PMs linking images that should be deleted….marriage pictures, vacations, pets, toys, children, cartoons, fireworks, ultrasounds, pool floaties, desk forts, home improvement projects, those stupid playing cards, and anything else that is not relevant to the build environment. While you’re at it, why don’t you delete all the Ale-fest albums, too? They have noting to do with the build environment. You could have your work cut out for you. Like I said, I want equal treatment. You getting the idea?

BTW, I thought we had this discussion a couple of months ago.

EDIT: on second thought, maybe I'll just stop posting images.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
Oh, so I am being singled out. As I said, that’s fine. Be forewarned, I could fill your message box up with PMs linking images that should be deleted….marriage pictures, vacations, pets, toys, children, cartoons, fireworks, ultrasounds, pool floaties, desk forts, home improvement projects, those stupid playing cards, and anything else that is not relevant to the build environment. While you’re at it, why don’t you delete all the Ale-fest albums, too? They have noting to do with the build environment. You could have your work cut out for you. Like I said, I want equal treatment. You getting the idea?

BTW, I thought we had this discussion a couple of months ago.

EDIT: on second thought, maybe I'll just stop posting images.
You're missing the point completely... Forum Attachments go in the Temporary Images Category and not in the Member's Gallery, that's the whole point, nothing else.

Ale-fests stay in the gallery because it's part of the community, and personal images (that don't classify as forum attachment, like caption contests and GTCs) are allowed in the gallery.

My whole point is that you and others (in a lesser extent) are using the Member Galleries like it was the Temporary Images category.
And you know what? From now on I won't continue to send notifications... Consider yourselves warned... so if your attachments misteriously changes to a red X it's not my problem.:-@

I saved you some of your valuable time and deleted my images from the temp file that seemed to bother you. I'll go thru my gallery and delete more that you would probably find violate your precious rules.

Haven't you heard the golf saying: Summer rules, and some aren't.

EDIT: I got most of them....except the slipper pics. They're staying. Pics of my sons and me are gone. Anything else? Help yourself.

Last edited:

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I think I said it above, and I'll repeat it here once again so it's clear of everyone.

The things that ARE allowed in the Gallery (and that don't belong in the Temp Images) are:
-Built enviroment pics (duh!)
-Personal Images (to some extent.... don't put your whole family album up, but we don't frown upon a few personal and family pics)
-Community Pics (Alefests, meetings, etc)

Things that belong in the Temp Images:
-Forum attachments in general (that don't meet the categories above), such as Guess the.... contests, Caption Contests, etc...

And RJ, please don't get mad, it's just that the whole purpose of the Cyburbia Gallery is to hold pics of the Built Enviroment and of course some pics from the Cyburbia Community, but not your Forum attachments, and that's why at first we created the Temporary Images gallery, and of course we recomed to use a hotlink friendly site. (See this thread)

Jen

Cyburbian
Would somebody please delete all my pictures. Thanks.
What is this we need a mod now to delete pics in our galleries :-@ I've been trying to edit/delete but there is no delete button????

Im sure there is a good reason but I dont get it, could someone shed some light on this as i may have missed the memo

Also to save time I need my gallery deleted thanks!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
What is this we need a mod now to delete pics in our galleries :-@ I've been trying to edit/delete but there is no delete button????
Yes, you can delete your images.

Is there a fast and easy way to consolidate a group of already posted pictures into a single album? My Truman pics are getting blasted throughout my personal album and I'd like to keep them in a single folder. If possible, thanks. If not possible, no problem.

I'm struggling to post images again. I've resized them to meet specifications, but still no luck.

Have specs changed? ZG and I are headed to Seaside tomorrow for lunch and pictures. If we can't add images, I won't even waste my time to make the effort. I'll add them to FB.

I've got some good pictures of WaterSound FL that I want to share with ya'll but I keep getting this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13056 bytes) in /home/cyburbia/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116
What am I doing wrong? The images are well under the maximum size, something like 1000 x 750. I'm just not geeky enough to figure this out. :s:

For now, I'll go place them in a folder on my Facebook page. It was such a beautiful day, I just wanted to share them.

I was able to post a few from Tampa now I'm struggling. I think ya'll would really like to see the rest of the pictures from Harbour Island and Historic Ybor City. What a contrast!!

Is something buggie with image posting? I'm getting an error message; some images double posted. I get frustrated.

No luck posting this morning. Here's the message I get...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6400 bytes) in /home/cyburbia/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 152
Maybe I'm blocked from posting pastel images from the South. No pastel in Ybor City.

EDIT: For those interested, all the images are posted on my Facebook page.