• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Impact of zoning

Mr.x

Hi everyone.
I am student and I have a project about Zoning.
Let's any one tell me the impact of zoning on community.
Can you help me
Thanx

Jeff

Cyburbian
Well, given that brief description of what you are looking for...let's sum it up this way.

With zoning, things go where you want them, and are as big as you want them.

Without zoning, things go wherever the developers want them and are as big as the site will handle.

Gabeesh?

donk

Cyburbian
zoning also creates great lines like

It is my land and I'll do what I want on it

When did you start paying my taxes

Commie planner

On the other hand no zoning leads to comments such as

My neighbour has pigs and i don't like teh smell. (Even though I live in teh country and want a rural lifetstyle)

My neighbour is running an asphalt plant next door.

My neighbour is running a trailer park near me and I don't like those types of people.

But seriously, a bit more info is required if you want a serious answer.

prudence

Cyburbian
Please insert sarcasm...

Zoning is the professional method for segregating a community. It typically ensures that no dissimilar use will "touch." Moreover, it will ensure that natural socio-economic borders are formed within the community. Beware of references to "those" people.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Re: Please insert sarcasm...

prudence said:
Zoning is the professional method for segregating a community. It typically ensures that no dissimilar use will "touch." Moreover, it will ensure that natural socio-economic borders are formed within the community. Beware of references to "those" people.
Somebody's been reading APA publications

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Q: What is the Impact of Zoning?

A: Its more like a "Thud" than a "Bang".

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Zoning is the tool that communities use to implement many elements of their comprehensive master plan!

Zoning impacts just about everyting in a community: traffic, economic development, infrastructure, tax base, police, fire, tourism, etc.