• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • On Thursday night (2/21), I did something I probably shouldn't have with the server. I lost about 90 posts and three new users in the process. If you registered on Thursday, please re-register. If you posted on Thursday, maybe post twice as much on Friday? Again, I apologize. :(

Impractical Planners

Tobinn

Cyburbian
I was watching a few episodes of Impractical Jokers and was suddenly struck by the thought that being a city planning is a lot like being on Impractical Jokers.

Impractical Jokers: Have to do or say whatever the other guys tell them to do or say.
City Planner: Have to do or say whatever the Code and/or Management and/or Elected Officials say to do or say.

Impractical Jokers: Never know what sort of situation they’re going to find themselves in.
City Planner: Never know what sort of situation they’re going to find themselves in.

Impractical Jokers: Ad-libbing is a big part of the job.
City Planner: Ad-libbing is a big part of the job.

Impractical Jokers: Often on camera not looking one’s best.
City Planner: Often on camera not looking one’s best.

Impractical Jokers: Every day is a fresh opportunity to look like an idiot.
City Planner: Every day is a fresh opportunity to look like an idiot.

Impractical Jokers: Often leave behind bewildered if not very upset people in their wake.
City Planner: Often leave behind bewildered if not very upset people in their wake.

Last edited:

DVD

Cyburbian
Yes, but planners are so much more stylish than those guys. :lmao: