• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

In case you're wondering...

freewaytincan

Cyburbian
I know I'm not on that much, but just in case anyone wondered why I've been gone (and why that will continue) is because I totalled my car in a one car accident in a ditch between TX-75 and I-45. I'm okay now, but just so everyone knows what's going on, there it is.

Budgie

Cyburbian
My dad was in three major accidents in 18 months in the Dallas Metro Area. He was terrified to get behind the wheel for awhile. From that time on, I've drive at a minimum. I don't like being at the mercy of the next idiot down the road.

Free - Are things back to normal? Sorry to here about your misfortune.

I have had 4 hours sleep and I think everyone knows by now that I have a pretty morbid sense of humor, but somehow that gives a whole new meaning to your moniker.

Take care.

freewaytincan

Cyburbian
Michele Zone said:
I have had 4 hours sleep and I think everyone knows by now that I have a pretty morbid sense of humor, but somehow that gives a whole new meaning to your moniker.

Take care.

Dear me, you're right! Well, the car was about eight years old, even though it only had 23,000 miles on it. Oh well. At least now I can get a much more efficient car. I just didn't expect to be buying another one so soon. I kind of feel bad about it.

The things I do just to avoid Interstates...came back to bite me in the butt. Oh well. I'm still coherent.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Hope everything's allright. I know the frustration you go through in an accident; not just crashing the car, but the mental gymnastics in the aftermath.

You didn't get hurt, I hope?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I am glad to hear that your ok, and back on cyburbia...

I too can relate the whole mental thing after an accident. Mine was on skis instead of a car when I was younger. Being told that that your season is over (as soon as it starts) and not being able to pass the physical to get on a ski team because of reconstructive knee surgery, and knowing that ski racing is no longer an option for a serious career. So I worked at a resort, taught people, and turned the bad into good. If I could no longer enjoy the possibility of getting to the Olympics, (I still had a long way to go when I crashed) I can at least help kids who want to at least make it an option.