• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Info on prices related to zoning

RandyC35

I am a Construction Management Major at Middle Tennessee State University. This curriculum is preparing me to be a Residential Contractor. I am currently taking a Land Development class. I have just been assigned to write a technical paper on zoning and how it affects the sale prices of houses. If you could provide any information it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Jerry Weitz

Cyburbian
The most popular textbook on this topic is by William Fischel, 1985. The Economics of Zoning Laws. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins. You might find it easiest to start with this work first, then sift through indexes of Land Economics, as Lee suggested, to find additional articles. You are probably going to wind up relying on the discipline of economics in pursuing this topic.