• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Ink or no Ink?

Ink or no Ink?

• Hell yes! My body is a canvas for the world to enjoy.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Yes, and each has a special story...

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • I might want one but haven't found the right one yet.

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Hell No! I would never deface one of God's children!

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habanero

Cyburbian
El Guapo said:

OMG - Its like playing against crippled blind children when you make the set up this easy. I have counted at least 12 different slams. Son I expected more from you.

Want a little light where the sun don't shine?;)

I love mine, but I wouldn't get another. I think on women it's harder to get them in places that will still look femenine and still look good after you have kids. I was thinking of getting mine removed, but being on the small of my back I hardly see it.

Planderella

Cyburbian
AntiPlannerMovement said:
I felt so sorry for her because she WAS beautiful and probably had no idea that she had destroyed her otherwise beautiful face.

Hmm......I hate to resort to using a cliche' but isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder?? ;)

Habanero

Cyburbian
was it on her face or her neck? ;)

I saw a drag rat with his face completely covered in tats- I just hope my kids don't do that.

Mod Edit [NHPlanner]: Quote with reference to ad hominem attack deleted.

Runner

Cyburbian
Have a few from my Marine Corps days, including the obligatory Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
TexasPlanner said:

was it on her face or her neck? ;)

I saw a drag rat with his face completely covered in tats- I just hope my kids don't do that.

I'll bite. What's a drag rat? A male rat that likes ball gowns?

El Guapo said:
OMG - Its like playing against crippled blind children when you make the set up this easy. I have counted at least 12 different slams. Son I expected more from you.

EG - Would you rather we talk about piercings? Where's Mary Poppins when I need her! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
I have a small tattoo on my laft shoulder blade, it is an arabic symbol that supposedly means "our way towards a new begining" I got it when I was 18. I want several more, but can't decide where to put them, and I want someone to design them for me because I have certain things that I want.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Photoshop Challenge

Photoshop Challenge:

Someone posts a picture of themselves with their sleeve up. Photoshoppers give that person a tattoo.

No, I will not be that person.

Habanero

Cyburbian
bturk said:

I'll bite. What's a drag rat? A male rat that likes ball gowns?

"Drag rat" is the local term for the "homeless" kids that are pseudo hippy/punk that hang out on "the drag"- otherwise known as Guadalupe in Austin, right along UT.

I say "homeless" because I have seen a drag rat or two get into fights with their parents when they pull up in their red BMW begging their little precious Tommy to come back home.

donk

Cyburbian
Tattooing and tattoos fascinate me. But I won't be getting any any time soon. There are 3 reasons 1) scared of pain (but not too scared), 2) high probablility that i am allergic to many of the inks 3) religious (recently found this one out).

I had planned on getting my legs done next summer and had a description prepared and an estimate done for the tattoos I wanted done.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Another Revived Thread

Thanks to REM's post in the photo thread....

H

Cyburbian
Downtown said:
I've got the world on my ass....

That is great, I am ROTFLMAO.

As for me, I cant even listen to the same music from week to week, so I could only imagine if I got a tattoo.

So, no. But I think they are cool on others.

Rem

Cyburbian
Huston said:
That is great, I am ROTFLMAO.

I've seen it before on Cyburbia but cannot work out what ROTFLMAO means. Can you advise please?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Rem said:
I've seen it before on Cyburbia but cannot work out what ROTFLMAO means. Can you advise please?

Short for:

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A$$ Off

(And derivations thereof)

EDIT: Actually I had totally forgotten about the Bea Arthur "Golden Girls Gone Wild" that I posted until I re-read this thread. Funny as all get out.

Update: I'm still waiting for that third ink. Havent quite had the motivation yet. Maybe this weekend when I go visit the college roommate I havent seen or talked to in 12 years....

H

Cyburbian
Rem said:

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A$$ Off.

Someone had to tell me too a few months back ;)

Rem

Cyburbian
Thanks to Chet and Huston for letting me in on ROTFLMAO. I feel foolish now for not having been able to work it out for myself (not).

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Not a problem, we all have our "board issues". ;)

Mine is El Guapo's intolerance of Harley Davidson's LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES campaign!

<POKE!>

BTW - I cant wait to email him *.wav files this Labor Day Weekend... :)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Thought I was being clever by thinking of a tattoo thread. But then I did a search and realized is was already done. See, I listen to the mods. Anyway, if I were to get a tattoo, I'd probably do something with my boys' nicknames on my arm or upper back. They mean the world to me. I think tats can be tasteful or awful. For example, there is something about a tat on a womans lower back that is just perfect.

Of course some can look terrible. I knew guy who had a rolled up bandanna tattooed across his forhead so it made it look like he was wearing one. He committed suicide a few years later. Don't know if it was related.

Nope, no ink. In the excessively conservative family I grew up in, I was married, had an 18 month old, and was living in a foriegn country before I dared to be wild and crazy enough to get peirced ears.

And now I know I am allergic to a zillion things and have a compromised immune system, so it will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.