• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Interesting PC experience last night

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
I had a public hearing scheduled last night and one comment was made from the public. After her initial comment, I asked to repeat her name and address for the record at which point I turned to her and said "I know you." After thinking about it for a few minutes, I realized it was my cub scout den leader from 40 years ago and 1,260 miles away. I am friends with two of her kids (near my age) on Facebook which is how her name (remarried since was a cub scout) was familiar. I had to pause the meeting when appropriate to make this known because of the unique situation. I even commented the recipe card holder I made for my mother is still in use. She had written down on a post-it note "my name" and "state" in the middle of all of this because she must have recognized my name. Gave me the note as she was leaving after all of this came to light.