• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Interesting proposal

OfficialPlanner

Cyburbian

...cough... Empire State Building.. cough

This 50-storey tower is planned for mid-town Toronto. ;)

Last edited:

biscuit

Cyburbian
So what's this?
Someone wants to build a 50 story replica of the Empire State Building in Toronto?
Don't they know that has already been done in Las Vegas?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
What is considered mid town Toronto?
I think this is proposed for the old Uptown Cinema site at Yonge and Bloor. I wouldn't call it mid-town (that's more Yonge and Eglinton).

donk

Cyburbian
1)So right across the street from the bay by the cumberland centre(west side of yonge)? or

2) across the bay on the south side of bloor by the deli?

If the second, that will block a significant view from downtown (the big Bay sign)

I consider yonge and bloor to be downtown and agree that eglinton is more mid town.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
West side of Yonge, south of Bloor. Don't you know where the Uptown is?!

I wouldn't exactly call the big "The Bay" sign a signifcant view. There's another proposal for the SE corner that will block that out.

donk

Cyburbian
Guess i need to hope that is not a job interview question.

I always think of looking north and seeing "the bay" sign as a truly toronto view and a way to locate myself.

Going west, towards holt renfrew is not a walk I've done often.

pandersen

Cyburbian
Looks like a fine "hood ornament" for Maple Leaf Gardens.

Too bad it's not already up - would provide just the perch outgoing Premier "Ernie Baby" Eves could you to plunge to his death after losing today's election.

Last edited: