• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Development review Internal Permit Processing Manual

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
Hi All.. I was hoping that someone out there has created an internal permit processing manual. What is that you ask? Well it outlines how your route a building permit from initial intake, to, routing, corrections, approval, issuance, inspections, and final permit / COO. Has anyone produced this type of document before? Million thanks.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I have some internal development review guides from a place where I used to work, but nothng for building permits. I should know better for where I know now, since the building inspectors are in the next row of cubes over. I'll check the work server tomorrow and see what I can find.

Don't forget a checklist! If the building inspectors approve building permits (like where I work), and the planners don't see it (unless it needs formal site plan review), you'll need a zoning checklist.

DVD

Cyburbian
I'm slowly trying to work on one. Kind of a new persons how to manual. If anyone has any starter documents I'd love to um...borrow them.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
Don't forget a checklist! If the building inspectors approve building permits (like where I work), and the planners don't see it (unless it needs formal site plan review), you'll need a zoning checklist.
The checklists are done (at least for submitting). I would like to make checklists for departments, but really I need their help and that has been lacking.