• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Internet 'dating' hits new lows...

nerudite

Cyburbian
Just in time for Valentine's Day!!

Can't find a date on match.com or other internet dating sites? Auction yourself at ebay! I can't believe that people are doing this... either the people auctioning themselves or the people bidding. I wonder if anyone ever goes through with their bids, or if it's all a huge joke. Freaky nonetheless.

The guy works in the public sector... I wonder if he's a frustrated planner? ;)

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
I looked at the bidders.

Trev_smith and

BobCorney

Both bid on this guy.

and over 10000 hits. Man this guy is almost famous.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Just three words

Pa-the-tic!

Sheeesh.... 34 and still virgin (whatever that means to him), I bet many would be afraid to tell anybody about that.
And somebody has bidded like 2,100 pounds on that guy? please tell me it's a joke, or a rich psycho b*tch...

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Damn! I guess anything and anyone can be sold on e-Bay! I wonder if people will start selling their souls on the site also. ;-) :-D

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Big Easy King said:
Damn! I guess anything and anyone can be sold on e-Bay! I wonder if people will start selling their souls on the site also. ;-) :-D
I think that they have tried, how do you think that Michael Jackson gets friends...

ludes98

Cyburbian
Good effort on the pic. Couldn't he have posted anything better or was he trying to lower people's expectations?

otterpop

Cyburbian
What the hell? 34 and no nookie yet. I think Mum should slip the poor guy a few quid and point him in the direction of the nearest "pavement princess." Though 2,000 pounds is a good bid. All I got for my first time was a restraining order. Just kidding. That was back in the good old days before AIDS when the worst that might happen to you from a one-night stand is you might have to buy her breakfast.

Budgie

Cyburbian
I put an ad in my high school newspaper to get a date to the prom. It worked, indirectly. This guys situation makes me feel better about my impending divorceehood.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
I put an ad in my high school newspaper to get a date to the prom. It worked, indirectly. This guys situation makes me feel better about my impending divorceehood.

GOOD GOD MAN!

Run, run as fast as you can and DON'T EVER LOOK BACK! :-c

This is not encouraging, it's the sign of a SICK SOUL NOBODY WANTS! (except for maybe a good torture session).

REMEMBER, DON'T EVER LOOK BACK! The old life is GONE!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Those Brits are far more liberated than us still-trapped-in-the-Victorian-era Yanks. Try selling this on US eBay, for instance.

We Americans, though, are a bit more RUGGED!.