• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Intro

old man

Hi !! I am new to this forum and messaging in general. Been at this planning and zoning business for over 25 years, seem to be just waiting until retirement . Need to get enthused about planning and/or zoning again. Seems I am just repeating battles I fought many decades ago. Any helpful inspiration.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Welcome. I find Cyburbia to be a great source of new ideas and rejuvination...hopfully you'll find some ideas or just have some fun while you're here!

nerudite

Cyburbian
I think you've come to the right place!

I was getting burnt out in my previous job, and I ended up finding cyburbia before moving up here to Canada. I think the humor that is infused with the technical know-how here in the forums lets us all laugh at some downright frustrating situations. It has been a great place for me to vent some frustrations in a positive way and to stay in touch with what is going on in other areas of planning.

Plus, if you are just waiting till retirement... then I'm sure you have time to burn in the forums. Just kidding ;)

Welcome aboard... join in the lunacy... it makes the days go faster!

Jeff

Cyburbian
I see we now have a chaperone to keep some of you wing nuts in line....

Old Man - welcome! I did my grad work at clemson and have many a fond memory of SC, especially SCAPA conferences. Hope you enjoy our little corner of the internet.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome! Join in the fun and if you feel the need rant a bit-we all do it and it helps.

PG

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
old man said:
Any helpful inspiration.
Cyburbia is full of helpful inspiration. Well, not as much since that Mugbub guy left. Try not to get too addicted, and you'll be fine...

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
Welcome old man (bet I am older). I agree with the others that this forum rejuvenates, plus every once in a while I can suggest that one read a PAS report from the 70s to solve a "new" problem.