• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Introduce Yourself

otterpop

Cyburbian
My name is Frank Rives. I am currently employed by Lewis and Clark County, Montana, as an associate planner. I love living in Helena, Montana -- i.e. the Queen City of the Rockies. We are primarily a rural county with pretty lax land use regulations. Pretty much all I do is review subdivisions. Before I worked for Lewis and Clark County, I worked for the KGB. That is, the Ketchikan Gateway Borough, in Alaska, as a planner. Which was a good job, but the constant rain and grey skies was a major bummer.

I am married to a Colombian woman. We have a two-year-old son, who is part Colombian, part Cajun (my side) and part Tasmanian Devil.

That's my story in a nutshell. Look forward to participating in this forum and others. It looks like fun.

Michele Zone

BANNED
Part Tasmanian Devil? Sounds kind of like a gifted kid. lol.

Welcome. I just got here myself. But, hey, that's no excuse to not say 'hi'.

Rem

Cyburbian
otterpop said:
We have a two-year-old son, who is part Colombian, part Cajun (my side) and part Tasmanian Devil.
I hope you got all the permssions you needed to take him out of the Country - they are a protected species you know.

Welcome (and gidday to your son).

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome and howdy etc etc

Sounds like you will fit in well with the other collection of strange critters running loose in the wilds of Cyburbia

H

Cyburbian
welcome back to the lower 48

I have always wanted to go to Alaska, I may be asking you for good "tourist destinations" in the future. :)

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Welcome! It seems that this place is getting pretty well filled-out geographically now. You must be one of the only people from Montana.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
O do have to say, the name "otterpop" gives me this visual image of a child licking a frozen varmit on a stick.

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome!

I did some grad work west of you in Missoula a decade ago or so. I came real close to taking a job with Missoula County back then.

Still dying to go back for a visit.....

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome! I fell in love with Montana as a kid, and will be visiting again (for the seventh time) next month.

Nero

Hola
I know those South American types... beware ot the latin temper! I know because my wife is Venezuelan.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Welcome to the forums. :) I loved Montana the few times I've been through the state. Just beautiful!

The Irish One

know those South American types... beware ot the latin temper! I know because my wife is Venezuelan
It's not so bad.

Welcome Frank, I'm involved with a lady from Locombia, she is quite the nice person.