• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Introducing myself

I'm Larry Felton Johnson. I'm a Software Systems Engineer in Atlanta. My neighborhood is the mixed use streetcar suburb of East Atlanta roughly four miles from Five Points (the center of downtown).

I've been interested in urban issues and cities for quite some time. I'm a member of the CNU, and have identified myself as an active New Urbanist since the movement was founded.

I have a blog http://larryfeltonjohnson.typepad.com which is somewhat Atlanta-centric,
but has a good bit of stuff of general interest to people with an interest in the built environment.

Larry

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome to the boards from a misplaced Southerner in Western Pennsylvania. :b:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome from north of the Ohio and east of the Wabash Rivers.
Connected to Atlanta by Delta Airlines and US 41.

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome from central New York, where apparently our thunderstorms are now tornadoes in training.

Rem

Cyburbian
Hello and welcome. I hope you find it worthwhile and stick around.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings from somewhere between biscuit and JNA. Hope you enjoy the place!

jordanb said:
I have a friend who works at CNU. :-}
Hi. I was actually glad when the CNU headquarters moved to Chicago. San Francisco
is nice, but Chicago is closer to the middle of the country. Say hello to your friend at CNU for me.