• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Introducing myself

Hi Everyone! Like many other cyburbanites, I looked at sites like planetizen and cyburbia to look for jobs and to gain valuable insight on planning issues that I don't receive on a daily basis at work. With that being said, I hope to be a valuable member of the Cyburbian community.

GO HUSKERS!!!

Mod Note (nerudite): split from the 'polls' thread... you deserve your own thread buddy! And welcome!

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Welcome. You have my permission to beat the crap out of Iowa State every year.

GO HAWKEYES!

JNL

Cyburbian
Welcome from The Land of the Long White Cloud! (=literal translation of Maori name for New Zealand - Aotearoa)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Go CU Buffs!
Gotta love the North Division of the Big 12.

Oh, by the way
welcome from among the many Midwesterners.

?What does the "N" on the helmets stand for?

Budgie

Cyburbian
My Wildcats just kicked some Big Red A$$. Go Big Red, and remember "N" is for Nowledge, duh, I mean knowledge.

H

Cyburbian
Welcome.

And GO VOLS!!!

(also Geaux Rebs against LSwho this weekend!!)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I'll trade you some corn pigs and sheep for some cows and cheese!

Wait. That doesnt sound right. Never mind. Just send the sheep!

donk

Cyburbian
Welcome from north of the border.

And go lancers (next year). They finally made the playoffs, the first time since the mid/late '70's.

Budgie and El Guapo, I joined Cyburbia to make some new professional contacts and friends not to make enemies. So you beat us 38-9 in Lincoln. Whatever!! It just means that you will be slaughtered by Oklahoma in the Big 12 Champ. game. I didn't take the loss as hard, because I've been living in Maryland for the last 6 1/2 years.

Budgie

Cyburbian
the north omaha star said:
Budgie and El Guapo, I joined Cyburbia to make some new professional contacts and friends not to make enemies.
Chill !!! You haven't made any enemies. I can't speak for EG (although I'd like to sometimes), but I am mature enough not to take the whole "my schools better than your's" thing to any extreme beyond just having fun at the pub. Just a word of warning, if you skin is that thin, you'd better get out now. Some of the ideology clashes in here can be harsh, but are generally thought provoking. So .... post often, post hard and don't take anything personal. Enjoy !!!

You're right, our d%^ks are probably going to be handed to us in the Big 12 Championship game. Oklahoma is unstoppable.

ludes98

Cyburbian
Welcome. Take Budgie's advice. We must need some sensitivity training around here.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:
That jerk Rumpy Tuna expecially needs some!!!
Nothing a few weeks at the Bety Ford Clinic with Liza Minelli and Kitty Dukakis couldn't take care of. ;)

Welcome TNOS!

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
salomondesignboarder said:
BOO HUSKERS AND GO CLONES!!!!

SLAVE TO THE GRIND do you go to ISU still?
No, but I lived in DSM for 5 years so I like to ee the Cyclones and Hawkeyes do well.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome!

All I have to say is "the team from my alma mater is better than the team from your alma mater" ;-)

(Sorry, The Onion)