• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 introducing myself

sadik

hi, i am an architect doing my masters in urban planning in India. i came actoss this site while browsing planetizen and see that planners are a vibrant lot. i must admit that i was apprehensive about studying planning, but i am enjoying it thoroughly now. i see it as a subject with tremendous importance in our lives and you know it is so much a part of our lives. fortunately the planning profession is receiving the much needed recognition it deserves in India.i plan to practice in the field after my graduation and so am interested in knowing what's up the worldover. i am sure cyburbia is a great place to start on this. hope we have a great time together.
sadik

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Welcome to Cyburbia! Have fun and stick around here :)
Good thing that the International Clube of Cyburbia is growing :) You know, it's not just for Americans ;)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome to Cyburbia!
It's good to have a another international here.

SGB

Cyburbian
Greetings from the northeastern United States. We're glad to have you with us!

Enjoy the opportunity to expand our minds.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome! It's good to have different perspectives besides Canada and Australia here.

P.S. Where is Chikmagalur in relation to the capitol city, Indianapolis? ;)

martini

Cyburbian
welcome, good to see another international here. It should be interesting to here what you've got to say about planning from an Indian perspective. Good luck on the thesis from another grad student!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome from a Great Lake and Ohio River State - Indiana.
any comments about rugby, bicycle riding, etc...

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Welcome from another of the midwesterners. Look forward to hearing your perspective on planning, urban design and less-than-cosmic topics. Enjoy!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Welcome! There are some really interesting high tech and experimental communities starting up in India. Places like Auroville and New Oroville are fascinating to me as a western planner. If you know of other up-and-coming projects in India, please share!