• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

introducing...

RoadRunner

hello? um, hello? is this thing on?

oh, there we are.

greetings, all. long-time reader, first-time poster. (of course, in short course, you'll probably all wish i was still just reading...)

let's see, i'm a graduating law student (december) heading to the city of brotherly love with my better half. (here's a frightening tid-bit...we're both lawyers-in-training. not to digress too much, but maybe it reminds you of that movie, adam's rib, where the two leads--tracy and heburn, i think--are attorneys who are married to each other and face off in court. the last line of the movie is something like, "lawyers shouldn't marry other lawyers, because all you get are idiot children and more lawyers.")

anyway, i hail from allentown, pennsylvania (i know, i know...billy joel), a city to which i will return in a few years to practice law with my dear ol' dad. i hope to get involved with allentown's revitalization in addition to practicing law. for those of you who aren't familiar, it's a city not unlike flint, michigan, or worcestor, massachusetts--an old industrial town that is still trying to turn the corner. (on the bright side, though, you can get pitchers of yeungling for $6.50.)

i'm a runner by nature, as you perhaps can tell by my handle.
while i tend to be a pragmatic libertarian (an oxymoron? nah, just a free-marketeer who still recognizes the occasional value of government participation), i am all over the place as far as socio-politico-economico-hokeypokeyo-thought is concerned, and i've enjoyed reading the disparate thoughts expressed on these message boards.

so, greetings to all...

SGB

Cyburbian
OMG - the lawyers have found us.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED. NOOOOOOOOOO!

;)

And with that, I bid you welcome.

:)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome. Though I've never been, Allentown is the kind of gritty old mill town that I love. I hope your revitalization goes well.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Howdy! I trust that we will all keep the lawyer jokes to a minimum. Suuuure ;)

Jeff

Cyburbian
They still rock the mullet in Allentown and sport the hi-top white Reeboks with the big tongues. Def Leppard still sells out up in Allentown too. Great place.

Welcome !

JNL

Cyburbian
Welcome. My country was a test-site for free-market policies, but we are slowly bringing back some government involvement. Currently, we are arguing over who should own our railways.

Welcome aboard!

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
What type of law will you be practicing? I currently work for a domestic/ pers. injury/worker's comp. firm in St. Louis. Good luck to you and welcome!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
welcome
I have a brother (ue), cousin (corporate), and an old neighborhood friend (criminal) who are lawyers.
driven by allentown but don't remember stopping.

H

Cyburbian
Okay, two lawyers walk into a bar….

Seriously, welcome aboard. I have lost some close family members to the practice of law, so I don’t discriminate :)

donk

Cyburbian
I keep thinking that law may be a career option, then I realize the only thing lower than a planner is a lawyer. icon12.gif

On a serious note, there are lawyers in my family and we still speak to them, welcome aboard.

Last edited:

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
*bangs her head*

MORE lawyers (the other mods will know what im talking about)

Another PHILLY lawyer

sigh

anyway welcome and enjoy our twisted little world-Im always happy to see another left leaning person around.

PG