• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Introduction to the group

vonica9

Olá,

I am working in the municipal police and we implement community policing programs with an inclusive perspective. I am a sociologist and crime prevention expert. We identify the physical characteristics of the environment to reduce opportunities for undesired behavior. We make suggestions and train the police officcers to be the eyes on the street in their community policing territories. They walk in pairs and always stay in the same territories. Communities feel safers and that the problems of public space are solved faster.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Welcome. This is great, we now have a crime prevention expert! How do you think the built environment can promote public safety? Better yet, you should start a new thread about that.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome.

Years ago I helped my city's police dept understand & use Census Data & Geography.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey wow - that's great you are here! Welcome from the gateway to the Northwoods and Downeast Maine!

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Welcome from the Great State of Ohio!