• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Introductions first

samnteddy

I am an American married and living in Donegal, Ireland. Was working as a town planner in Connecticut, but my career was sidetracked by love, four children, and 600 sheep!

Now attending distance learing MA through University of West of England, Bristol to re-qualify. None of my qualifications, and very little of my experience are recognised here.

Working in private practice, chartered town planning and architectural firm in Derry, Northern Ireland. www.canavanassociates.com

Love my job and the hours are great! I am home in time for the children and do a lot at home.

Want to combine my skills/knowledge in town planning and ICT for my thesis, e-planning, e-government. Can anyone give me some leads?

Jeff

Cyburbian
Welcome....

I'm sure you and our frined bturk will really get along. He has this thing with sheep, I'll let him discuss it with you though....

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Welcome to Cyburbia Samnteddy!

Things are a bit quiet around here right now - some of the more vocal folks are out at the APA conference in Denver right now. I'm sure someone out there has some answers to your questions.

donk

Cyburbian
Welcome aboard.

What kind of sheep do you have? The ones in my pictures are Jacobs, used to have suffolks also. Hope lambing went well for you.

On your planning related topics, I can't be of much help.

welcome aboard. you just gave me a major attack of career envy! hope you enjoy the boards, feel free to jump into the fray, we're always happy to have new voices.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome to Cyburbia! Dan is probably the guy to ask about e-planning (a true master of e-technology). Most of the rest of us are just Photoshop hacks.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike D. said:
I'm sure you and our frined bturk will really get along. He has this thing with sheep, I'll let him discuss it with you though....
Pardon the US east coasters. They are vile even by American standards (sorry east coasters).

Funny how we have managed to teach the UK everything they know for the past 50 years, and now they won't recognise our educational standards. JUST KIDDING!

Welcome to Cyburbia.

PS - Mike D. -- Did your wife purge her Satan spawn yet?