Is AICP worth the cost?

Yeah a bit over $500 for the exam + (for me) $400+ for the membership. Even if you get the cert you have to get continuing education credits, which cost another $3-500 each course. So annually, probably around $1000 which includes the APA membership fee. Just ludicrous.
Check around for free CE credits. I have managed to get all of my credits for practically nothing over the last few years.

...about to do the annual $500 out of pocket bloodletting for dues, and just wanted to say, once again, that shelling out like this sucks without much of anything to show for it.

kjel

Super Moderator
...about to do the annual $500 out of pocket bloodletting for dues, and just wanted to say, once again, that shelling out like this sucks without much of anything to show for it.
Can you write it off if it's not reimbursed? I haven't bothered to take the AICP exam, but I think the ship has sailed for me on an actual planner position and I'm staying on the community development side.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
If you intend to remain in California, it's not worth it. When was the last time you saw a California recruitment list AICP as "required, preferred, or desirable?"
Majority of management and upper level director positions now prefered or list it as "desirable". Than again, I am officially past the 10 year make as Any Idiot Can Plan