• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Is it a bus or a motor home?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Here is a question that I can not believe that I am going to ask… A renovated school bus being turned into a motor home. *Remove some seats, weld a few beds to the floor, and paint over the section that says school. It is what you will see in the cheap parking sections of many NASCAR events, Woodstock 97, and Country USA. If the Department of Transportation Considers it a Motor Home, and the State Police think it is a motor home, but it LOOKS like a school bus from the outside… WHAT IS IT?

The reason I ask is because I have a codes case where a guy is finishing up the “conversion” process. But the exterior is having limited changes.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Make him produce the vehicle registration. If it says Motor Home, then that's what it will be for zoning purposes. Should be a defensible decision, IMO.