• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Is that an alligator in your pocket?

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
If convicted, Rinomota could face a five-year prison sentence and a $5,000 fine on each of the counts.
Thats a pretty stiff penalty. Sure, our bridge busts all the drug smugglers, but Detriot-Windsor gets the alligator bust. Damn them!!!;)

On a related note, a couple years back they found an 6ft alligator in a creek in Buffalo. Once they caught it, they shipped it back to Florida.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Rinomota is charged with failure to report an alligator, unlawful possession of an alligator and smuggling.
You have to be kidding me... Is there a big market in Canada for American Alligators?

Who cares about the drugs going over the boarder... we have to stop alligators.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Didn't ya'll hear about the school bus driver in Pasco County FL who stopped the bus last week to let the kids haul and 4-foot gator onto the bus and take the little guy home? Kids (and morons) love gators!

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Come on down and get all the alligators you want. There is one living in the retention pond in my subdivision. Little dogs beware. You guys can have all the alligators, snakes, etc you want from Hurricane Lane...I forgot about the cockroaches that are as big as your palm. You can have those too.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
That is too funny! What a moron!!

You know since living in the great white north of VA, I have not yet gone swimming in a lake or anything to experience non-predator swimming. No gators!!! I never knew there were such waters.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
You know since living in the great white north of VA, I have not yet gone swimming in a lake or anything to experience non-predator swimming. No gators!!! I never knew there were such waters.
Then you haven't been introduced to this guys northern cousin;)

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Then you haven't been introduced to this guys northern cousin;)

Where did they catch that alligator snapping turtle? That thing is huge!