• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

is there a way to edit a comment?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
i am not seeing the option to edit a comment that i had previously made. :thinking:
From here:

Registered users (5 - 19 posts, user title: Member) can also:
... • Edit thread titles or post content ≦ 60 minutes after posting. ...

Cyburbian users (20 - 199 posts, user title: Cyburbian) can also:
... • Edit thread titles or post content ≦ 480 minutes (8 hours) after posting. ...

Cyburbian Plus users (≥ 200 posts) can also:
... • Edit thread titles or post content, or delete one of their posts, ≦ 48 hours after posting. ...

If you message me with your edit, I can change the post.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
Is there a reason for the time limit, Dan? The forums I've seen they either allow unlimited edits or no edits at all.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Is there a reason for the time limit, Dan? The forums I've seen they either allow unlimited edits or no edits at all.
It's to allow enough time for someone to edit typos, or take back something they regret. Extended edit time is one of the benefits that comes with a higher post count. The time limits also prevent a spammer from posting a regular message, and then editing it weeks later to add links to some taxi company in Mumbai or whatever.

Cyburbia would be nothing without content. Unlimited editing would mean someone could delete all their posts. If someone with hundreds or thousands of posts decided to "n/m" everything they posted, it would destroy the context of a lot of threads.

There's more about this in the privacy policy and forum policies.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I increased the edit window to 48 hours for all registered members. Cyburbian Plus members (>200 posts) can also delete a post within 48 hours of posting - that hasn't changed. :)