• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Is this Boot Camp for developers?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Where I work, we just always assumed the developers came from the Dark Side; this is why our former-consultant director is known as "Darth 'Smith'".
Seriously, I think there are individuals born without a conscience; some call them sociopaths, we call them developers.

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
No wink from the Zoning Goddess?

I think there are individuals who are born without an ounce of common sense; some call them democrats; I call them planners.

BKM

Cyburbian
The Dark side

I actually ADMIRE many developers I know of. Given the multiple roadblocks that they face, its amazing anything gets done. :)

And, gkmo, what's often called "common sense" often appears in retrospect to not be very common, or very sensible.

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
Guap.

I will never go muggie, that cat is out there.

Just trying to defend developers in light of the very real planner bias against them.

ZG was being sincere and honest about a dislike for the development community, which by the by, are likely solely responsible for ZG's job.