• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

It's a day full of good news

Habanero

Cyburbian
So James asked and I said yes, so it's official.. my new last name will rhyme with "pumpkin" (it's like pumpkin, but starts with an "L")

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Congratulations Mrs. Lumpkin! Its going to be a big wedding with all of us geeks in the wedding party. (I'll have the Chicken Taragon - well done, please)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Congrats! You have to have something to cheer you up after last night's hockey game, eh? ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Congrats! First a puppy, now this. You must have built up a lot of good Karma.

Habanero

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Congrats! You have to have something to cheer you up after last night's hockey game, eh? ;)
exactly, but at least it wasn't a 6-1 loss. :)

I'm going to have the same last name as a Simpson's character?

nerudite

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
exactly, but at least it wasn't a 6-1 loss. :)

I'm going to have the same last name as a Simpson's character?
I was expecting a good burn back. ;)

And yeah... you will have the same last name as a Simpsons character that lives in a trailer and sings country. Woohoo!

donk

Cyburbian
Look at it this way at least it is not Wiggins...

Congratulations.

Last edited:
jtfortin said:
Like Lurleen Lumpkin?

Oooh, you beat me to it!

Congratulations! Have you guys set a date yet?

Lurlene - "Why, Homer, you're just a big sack of sugar!"
Homer - "Thanks! Wait! You did say sugar, right?"

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Congrats Ash!

Have fun with the planning....and don't take all your frustrations out on James during the wedding planning....remember, us grooms ARE trying to be helpful and involved! (Well, at least I was! :) )

Jeff

Cyburbian
My Good News

Congrats on the engagement!! Thats great....

My good news...I found out this morning I was accepted for the 28th Marine Corps Marathon in PG's hometown on October 26th!!

A very exciting day for me....

Habanero

Cyburbian
No date yet, he's getting his master's right now so we might wait until after he's done, I dunno, I'm just having fun being engaged right now. :) It's going to have to be out of town, I'm thinking either back home in Austin, Las Vegas, Bahamas, or Key West. He ever asked my mom, awwww.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Hey Mike congrats! Its a big deal around here.

Drop me a line as it gets closer and if your here for more than the race ill buy ya a cup of java

Ash - that's so awesome. congratulations. you'll definitely have to keep us filled in on details. I LOVE weddings.

And Mike - that's great! Congratulations. Isn't Baby DeVuono due any day now also? Or is that next month?

Jeff

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
[BIsn't Baby DeVuono due any day now also? Or is that next month? [/B]
6 weeks and counting....:)

PlannerGirl said:
Hey Mike congrats! Its a big deal around here.

Drop me a line as it gets closer and if your here for more than the race ill buy ya a cup of java
Actually, just coming for the race...gotta put the dog in the kennel, new baby...etc. But we'll see how it works out.

prudence

Cyburbian
COngrats Ashley.

Any details on how it was done? Dressed up as a clown? Placed it in a piece of cake? Threw the ring at you from across the room?

BTW, a friend of mine did the last one.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
prudence said:
Any details on how it was done? Dressed up as a clown? Placed it in a piece of cake? Threw the ring at you from across the room?
Hmmm...I sense a new thread coming up!