• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

It's a surreal feeling

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I finished signing the first set of papers yesterday. I expect the estranged to file them with the court today. In 20 days our 27 year marriage will come to an end. For the rest of my life I'll never understand her taking off with an old hippie, 14 years her senior, with seemingly nothing to offer her.

I'll doing OK, taking things one minute at a time and giving thanks for my 2 teenage sons. Now....shall I click the submit button?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Sorry dude, I have been through it as has several of us here. Hang in there....

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
RichmondJake,

Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. There are plenty of folks around here who can understand what your going through.

Take one day at a time, it's gonna better.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Sorry bud, been there too. There is no easy way except to take one day at a time and heal a little each day.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Just finished going through it in December....it's not easy, and you really do have to take it one day at a time.....best (and only) real advice I can offer.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Sorry to hear that.

Look on the bright side... being single in this day and age is such a great thing! We live in a society where being single is actually a cool thing these days. The best part is you have two kids. Now instead of worrying about bad things, you can spend more quality time on them, (and scare possible boyfriends)!!! Yet you can still meet new and exciting women, go do new activities that you might not have been able to do in the past… and live each day the way that makes you happy. (Within parameters of the law of course)

I would have to say you have the best of both worlds at your doorstep. Always look for the good in every situation. From many of your past posts, you seem like a bright, fun, and good guy.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
RJ, Can't give you any helpful advice - but there are several (many) here who have been through the same thing before. Here's hoping you have as smooth a transition as possible, and that you find a new avatar candidate in due course.

Planner Groupie

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
Now instead of worrying about bad things, you can spend more quality time on them, (and scare possible boyfriends)!!! .

I think you mean girlfriends since he has two SONS and not daughters.

Hang in there JakeRichmond. Alot of us know what you are going through. My marriage is scheduled to end March 31st and I sometimes still have a hard time believing it.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Good Luck!

Hope the business doesn't suffer.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
I wish you well dealing with this and hopefully the shock of it will soon pass. Move on as best you can.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Planner Groupie said:
I think you mean girlfriends since he has two SONS and not daughters.

My bad...
BUT... That is even better!!! Take the boys to hockey games... play sports with them...

nerudite

Cyburbian
I'm sorry that you are hurting. Take time out to focus on your family... and do something nice and spoil yourself. *hug*

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Thanks for all your comments, I truely appreciate them. I almost didn't make the post for various reasons.

mendleman the business will suffer; she wants to buy me out but I think the appraisal will come back too high.
Tranplanner "find a new avatar"...thanks for making me laugh out loud for the first time in 3 weeks.
nerudite *hug* back.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Rem

Cyburbian
RJ I had noticed you missing after dropping the bomb a few eeks back. Don't be stranger - I doubt will you get as much support or laughs anywhere else as on Cyburbia. Good luck for the next few weeks.