• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

It's about time . . .

Coragus

Cyburbian
I've been following the Cyburbia forums for a long time now, but put off actually JOINING because I didn't feel like a planner, despite the title. Now that I've complete a year of contractual work with not one but two municipalities though, I feel as though I can describe myself as "Planner" and not feel as though I'm lying through my teeth.

AICP? No, not eligible for another year.

Planning degree? No, Geography. I dumb lucked into planning.

Regular or decaf? Is there a choice? I'd rather drink lite beer than decaf coffee!

Nice to finally introduce myself.

Brian

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome to the chaos that is Cyburbia.

Those of us suffering under the continuing conquest will try not to hold your midwestern U.S. location against you.

:)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Nice avatar!

Welcome aboard. Looks like the midwesterners are taking over. Haaaa

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome,

I see you are located in the fastest growing County in Michigan.

mmmmm.........thas good sprawl!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Coragus said:
Planning degree? No, Geography. I dumb lucked into planning.
Many of us here are geographers, so good choice!

Regular or decaf? Is there a choice? I'd rather drink lite beer than decaf coffee!
Better not drink that lite swill in Wisconsin!

Your dot will be added to the map.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Coragus said:
I'd rather drink lite beer than decaf coffee!
Nobody should drink lite beer. If you should be drinking lite beer for some reason, maybe you shouldn't be drinking beer.

Coragus

Cyburbian
Thank you all, rest assured, no lite beer in the house. No picture of me posted yet, I'll figure out how to do that soon. Yeah, fastest growing county in Michigan. We're trying to keep the sprawl down, but without any regulatory authority, all we can do is talk to locals until we're blue.

Busy day today. I have to get ready to fire my grill up here at the office. We're having a baby shower for my co-worker. No, he's not pregnant, but his wife is.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Do you work for the County? A couple of friends of mine worked there in the Planning Dept until a couple years ago.

Where did you go to school?

Oh, and welcome!

Last edited: