• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

It's Friday the 13th: let's be careful out there!

SGB

Cyburbian
Ok, people - spill it. What's gone wrong today?

I was about 1/3 of the way to the office this morning when my wife called on the cell phone asking me to return home so she could get the child car seat for our son. I forgot to put it in her car last night after picking him up. :-$

So much for being at the office on time this morning....

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
got to work late, not sure why but ran late all morning. Normaly Fri the 13th has been good luck for me so we shall see.

Have a Board meeting this afternoon and I always dread those-god help me they suck!

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Happy Friday the 13th

I want to wish each and every one of you a Happy and Safe Friday the 13th.

Are you superstitious??

Do you stay away black cats.

Dont' walk under ladders.

Etc.

Planner Groupie

Cyburbian
Nothing has happened to me but to a co worker of mine. She has a month left of her pregnancy and was just brought into the hospital from work. She has started having some heavy contractions. If you're religious, say a little prayer for her!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Generally just kinda' depressed. I can't avoid Valentine's Day hype, and it's rather frustrating considering that I've never actually been in a relationship during February. I'll probably get a Valentine card from my mother, trying to pick up my spirits. Pathetic when you think about it, really. I'm 38, single, never married, and no matter what I do or don't do, I spin my wheels when it comes to romance.

I'm behind on submitting my timesheets.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
It hasn't happened yet, but ...

I have to call an ex-councilman and advise him that he needs a Certificate of Appropriateness to demolish a cottage and he's gonna bore me a new one.

What agitates me is he voted to create the local historic district :-(

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
encumberance meeting at 130
EPA report to get out the door today (still pissed that i have to do it...wasn't my grant |-) )

Nothing bad so far. The weather has been sucking big time for the past week - cold and rainy. BEK and I plan on going to a carnival parade tonight, but the forecast is for 100% rain. The same carries through for the rest of the weekend. I hate when it rains for the parades, but hopefully the weather will be beautiful for Mardi Gras. :)

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
Nothing bad so far. The weather has been sucking big time for the past week - cold and rainy. BEK and I plan on going to a carnival parade tonight, but the forecast is for 100% rain. The same carries through for the rest of the weekend. I hate when it rains for the parades, but hopefully the weather will be beautiful for Mardi Gras. :)
The weather sucks! Also, I have to attend the usual Friday 10:00 a.m. meeting that everyone dreads. Damn! :-\

donk

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:

I have to call an ex-councilman and advise him that he needs a Certificate of Appropriateness to demolish a cottage and he's gonna bore me a new one.

If the guy is a total jackA$$, that would actually make my day, especially now as my sentence/tour of duty nears the end.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I am having a great day!!!

Well… for me it has been the opposite. A hottie called me to ask if I wanted to go out for a drink tonight (and since some one has a date with her ex-tonight I am free). Then a friend of mine from the assessors office had tickets for a Blues Concert in downtown that she needed to get rid of… so she gave them to me. Not bad… I go from not doing anything, to having a date and free tickets for some good blues.

Queen B

Cyburbian
So I can't tell if anything bad has happened.
I just got done with an interview and won't find out anything until some later date.

Interviews on Friday the 13th, that just sucks.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
So far, so good. Once had surgery (minor) on Friday the 13th, in October, during a full moon. 8-!
The receptionist was very worried and tried to get me to reschedule, but I'd already planned the time off. Went w/out a hitch.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
donk said:
If the guy is a total jackA$$, that would actually make my day, especially now as my sentence/tour of duty nears the end.
donk, I'd pay to fly you down here so you could tell him what I think of him, but, alas, I already have a new one, and the mess that goes with it.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Generally just kinda' depressed. I can't avoid Valentine's Day hype, and it's rather frustrating considering that I've never actually been in a relationship during February. I'll probably get a Valentine card from my mother, trying to pick up my spirits. Pathetic when you think about it, really. I'm 38, single, never married, and no matter what I do or don't do, I spin my wheels when it comes to romance.

Sorry to hear you're having a pre-Valentine down day. But hey, you're not alone in being alone, many of us Cyburbians appear to be in the same boat.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Everything's fine here... mabye because the mythology applys mysteriously to TUESDAY 13th and not Friday.... don't know why we're so special about that one... :5

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Friday da 13th casuality #1

-I was walking home and I slipped and fell on the ice while retrieving some jerks recycling bin from the driveway (luckily 12 pack broke my fall). So I kicked it and broke the dam thing. Get inside and find a poop nugget on the floor due to my pokemons bad hygine. Great day its turning out to be, friggin knee hurts, must dull pain...

OT: man, riding the loser crusier home felt like being in a zombire flick, like Dawn of the Dead. :-#

boiker

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:

Stand tall Gedunker.. tell'em to 'ef-off. We historic preservation planning types need to stick it to the man.

ok.. it's 4:10pm i'm ready to be on the road already.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I got a "sorry we chose someone with qualifications better matched to the position" letter when I got home. I also got a call from a prospective employer wanting to set up an interview.

Rem

Cyburbian
I was talking to another staff member about Friday the 13th saying some people think it's lucky (as opposed to the majority who think it unlucky) - "in fact my birthday is sometimes on a black Friday" I said. She thought for a moment and said, "you know I don't think my birthday has ever been on a black Friday".

Her birthday is 1 January. :5

She quickly tried to cover up saying she was having a blonde moment but she got such a payout from the whole office (because I was telling everyone this story) I'm sure she now thinks black Friday's are unlucky.

Doitnow

Cyburbian
I'm 38, single, never married,
Come to hink of it Dan. Isn't that a happy thing. See it from a different angle. U know what I mean??

A hottie called me to ask if I wanted to go out
After seeing your VD issue thread and now this it looks like you have a very interesting life Michael.