• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

It's just wrong, so wrong

Ok, this might be cool for my own bathroom, but would you EVER touch one of those keyboards? ugh.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
web sites on tolet paper???? I guess that some of those sites are good for something after all

biscuit

Cyburbian
If I have to use a porta-john you can believe that I spend as little time as I have to in there. And no way am I touching that screen.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The Irish one said:
Yes!

The second bathroom in my old Florida house was so big, I had a component stereo system and full-blown bookshelf in there.

I was going to wire every room of the house with CAT-5 ... including dropping lines into the bathroom. Why? Because I could :)

when I have to use the facilities here at work, I bring my G3 Web-enabled cell phone with me. I can't just sit and stare at the stall door, you know ...

nerudite

Cyburbian
I've checked my e-mail/voicemail from my cellphone in the washroom too. But it doesn't mean that I would touch a keyboard that is in a public stall. Yucky!

BKM

Cyburbian
Nerudite: where is your sig line from? I love it!

As for the i-loo. Sounds like something Gizmo in Beatle Baliey would dream up.

JNL

Cyburbian
Re: Re: It's just wrong, so wrong

Dan said:
when I have to use the facilities here at work, I bring my G3 Web-enabled cell phone with me. I can't just sit and stare at the stall door, you know ...
Oh man, sounds like someone needs some bran! Or prunes. Or whateva gets you going...

nerudite

Cyburbian
BKM said:
Nerudite: where is your sig line from? I love it!
[ot]
It's from a song by the illustrious Sacto band CAKE! The song's called Nugget. If Cake does a show in Sacto, you absolutely must go see it. I saw them at the Crest and the Cattle Club and both were awesome... I would assume that they probably sell out larger venues now though.
[/ot]

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
internet access from a public (AND PORTABLE!) bathroom?!?!?!?
NO f*cking way!

If I'm already repulsed to portable public bathrooms... and who the hell would use such a thing...

If it was in your own private bathroom it'll be ok, but not on a public bathroom...

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
awwww, man!

of course it had to be. I was thinking that it would be a great place to take lunch breaks. Especially when my man isn't putting out. hehehe

Runner

Cyburbian
SGB said:
Alright, people. Settle down.

It's a hoax.
Nope, they really did plan on doing it.
http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=internetNews&storyID=2736090

"On Monday, the world's largest software maker had said the "iLoo," which was described in minute detail in an April 30 press release by its British subsidiary, was a hoax and apologized for any "confusion or offense."

But on Tuesday Microsoft switched its story and said that the iLoo had been a legitimate project by its British MSN Internet service that was terminated after the initial announcement prompted controversy, ridicule and disgust."