• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

It's Monday, man!

Planit

Cyburbian
This morning started with one of our police officers coming in and asking...

"If a guy wanted to park his vehicle on the street and put a sign on it saying that his wife is a cheating whore, do we allow this? Does he need a permit?"

We said that type of temporary sign is not allowed per code & we would not approve a permit. But it would take a minimum of 14 days for him to respond to a letter of violation. If he was parked more than 2 hours on the street, you could ticket him.

I did not go downtown today to see if the vehicle & sign were there, nor do I know (or want to) how the police responded.

kjel

Super Moderator
I detest the "spring forward". Bella did not go to sleep until 1am and therefore I was up way past my bedtime. No amount of caffeine has been sufficient and I really just want a nap.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
That one hour loss of sleep sucks, but pets and children certainly tend to amplify the exhaustion factor.

kms

Cyburbian
I worked an extra 90 minutes and slept for five hours last night. My eyes are burning and I’m tired. But what really gets me is that I think I’m the only person in the office who puts new toilet paper on the dispenser.

DVD

Cyburbian
I'm wasting time explaining to someone why all four buildings must have ADA access and why you can't get a vehicular access exception for new construction. But it costs so much! :cry:

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
I detest the "spring forward". Bella did not go to sleep until 1am and therefore I was up way past my bedtime. No amount of caffeine has been sufficient and I really just want a nap.
Again, we had a long day of basically traveling. We were pooped anyway, then lost an hour to DST. DST doesn't normally bother but the combination ended up being a killer.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
So, I didn't manage to cut down any trees this past weekend. Guess I'll be extra busy next Sunday.

Planit

Cyburbian
Sore from several hours of yard work over the weekend. Advil gives some minor relief.

TOFB

Cyburbian
My crappier than usual Monday (don't get me started) was topped off by getting hit by some guy backing up at an intersection because his GPS told him to.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
My Monday highlights included not going to work during normal work hours and burning a larg-ish pile of small sticks and twigs that had accumulated over the last several months from my yard's trees.

The burning lasted about 10 minutes, was all consuming (the sticks that is) and gloriously fun.

Thanks for inquiring.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
It is a beautiful Monday!

Woke up. Took Itty Bitty to school. Pilates class. Went for a run. Back home to prep for dinner. Fresh avocado for lunch. Now I am wasting time before cleaning. Bleck! But THE SUN IS SHINING!!!!! THE WINDOWS ARE OPEN!!!!! IT FEELS LIKE SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: kms

Gedunker

Moderating
These muscle aches, sunburn, and near heat stroke are what I get for letting the weed-pulling go so long between takes. But the weatherman was spot-on and if I had waited to the evening, I would have gotten washed out.

If it just lasted a little longer, though.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Survived the family-wants-to-see-the-new-house visits from both sides yesterday. Included brunch because my family wanted to celebrate our anniversary. Yesterday afternoon all I wanted to do was putter around my house, play with the dog, and have a relaxing dinner.

Dog decided she wanted attention and barfed on the couch. So my afternoon plans were for naught.

She's fine, but I think my spouse is thrilled that I'm working from home today, so that he "doesn't have to worry about the dog".

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
Fiscal new years' day, everybody!

The office is just a wee bit too excited to go spend the whole equipment on niceties and I'm having to be the voice of reason.

kjel

Super Moderator
Oh yeah? Are you scheduled to work Friday? I am. :dd:
I took a vacation day. While I will be working 2.6 days due to early dismissal on Wednesday, I have 3 site visits, 1 off site meeting, and July vouchers to process in that time.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Fiscal new years' day, everybody!

The office is just a wee bit too excited to go spend the whole equipment on niceties and I'm having to be the voice of reason.
What are you talking about? Personal golf carts, and the departmental virtual reality visor are essential to maintain a creative workspace and appeal to millennials in the modern workplace

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
What are you talking about? Personal golf carts, and the departmental virtual reality visor are essential to maintain a creative workspace and appeal to millennials in the modern workplace
For the last time, you aren't effing curating a set of images. You're making a powerpoint. And regardless, you don't need an office panini press to do that.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Another Monday working from home! I'm supposed to be working on my powerpoint for a meeting next week - about building codes. I'm having trouble concentrating, even with such riveting subject matter.

Good weekend overall. Saw the new Spiderman movie - enjoyed it.

It's going to be in the upper 90's today. Summer in Texas - where it gets hotter every day until you melt.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Went to a drive-in movie on Saturday. Double feature: Spider Man/MIB International. We did not stay to see Men In Black.

DVD

Cyburbian
Looks like it'll be a busy Monday. Glad I don't have a counter shift today.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Memo for upper management - the "reply all" option in Outlook is a privilege, not a right. Please learn when its use is appropriate.

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
Monday after a fractured week, down one on our staff (summer vacation) so I'll be pulling some design and development review duty. Knocking stuff off the "to do" list like nobody's business after feeling lethargic all last week- the heat gets to me and cooler temps and less humidity wake me right back up.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Memo for upper management - the "reply all" option in Outlook is a privilege, not a right. Please learn when its use is appropriate.
About once a month or so, our Finance Department sends out an email to ALL STAFF asking about the few unknowns that came up on the credit card bills. Every month, without fail, one specific person hits "reply all" and answers "It's not my charge".

I hate that person.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Not working from home today. Wish I was, simply because the weekend was . . . not good. I really just want to be at home in my pjs and pet my dog.

But I am feeling mildly productive, so far. I've responded to a few emails, gathered stuff for my meeting later, and confirmed availability with the intern re: a meeting tomorrow. I may call it early and make up time later.

Planit

Cyburbian
Mrs. P is in HR & went in early this morning (6:00 am) for a fire drill. She has to be there @ 7:00 pm for the same thing for 2nd shift and then go back at midnight for 3rd shift to do the same. She is not thrilled about today (& being a Monday too).

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
Applicant whining about the "overwhelming bureaucracy" of things they need to do to file a pretty simple permit: has now shot their own foot off by firing their consultant who had the submitter package 99% ready to go.

"Well, don't you have a copy of that?"

Nope- go crawl back to your consultant and beg for the use of their intellectual property. This is not my problem.

/salty

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Applicant whining about the "overwhelming bureaucracy" of things they need to do to file a pretty simple permit: has now shot their own foot off by firing their consultant who had the submitter package 99% ready to go.

"Well, don't you have a copy of that?"

Nope- go crawl back to your consultant and beg for the use of their intellectual property. This is not my problem.

/salty

If it's a public document, though, how can you withhold it?

Today has been okay - got a couple of compliments from the boss today so that makes me happy [needy, yeah, I know]

Faust_Motel

Cyburbian
If it's a public document, though, how can you withhold it?

Today has been okay - got a couple of compliments from the boss today so that makes me happy [needy, yeah, I know]
If I had it, I couldn't/ wouldn't withhold it. But the consultant this chucklehead just fired only showed our staff a copy of what they were planning to submit. They had given us some sort of dropbox account that our one-time login to has now expired.