• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

It's probably time to make the announcement somewhere...

gtpeach

Cyburbian
CCG and I are expecting a little one at the end of October!

It's been a weird pregnancy. We still have our foster daughter who will hopefully be transitioning to a pre-adoptive home by Monday (fingers crossed - we provided written notice for her to be transitioned by then, but no prospective homes have been found yet), so honestly, I haven't really been focused as much on the fact that there is a human-type parasite vying for control of my body. But I hear babies are cute and that I'll like having one.

Here's a quick rundown of things some of y'all might ask:
24 weeks pregnant
Boy (I was SURE we were having a girl, so I'm still in shock)
We have a name picked out
Everything (baby included) is healthy and developing normally
I've been really sick
No weird cravings so far
Just barely starting to show and can feel the human-type parasite moving around
Foster daughter doesn't know - we don't want her to think that her leaving has anything to do with the baby coming. So we haven't shared it in any public forums like FB, although the people we want to know, know.
CCG is more excited than I am right now
CCG will be quitting his job and starting online college next month, so he'll be a stay at home dad for the first year-ish of the kid's life

Any other weird things you want to ask about, here's your chance to do so!

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
CONGRATULATIONS gtpeach!!! How exciting!!

I look forward to hearing more about the pregnancy/ baby as time progresses.

kjel

Super Moderator
Congrats! My husband stayed home with my little one for 3 years.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Congrats!

(There's still time to change your choice for his name to Bubba. Just sayin'.)

Gedunker

Moderating
Congratulations, gtpeach!! You'll hear this a million times and probably still doubt it, but it is true: they grow up SO fast! Take time to enjoy the moments.:D

gtpeach

Cyburbian
Great news peach - Congrats!

It's going to be an adventure. At least you've had "practice" but with older little ones.

This will be your friend:
Image result for mylicon infant drops
That's the joke - we're the most experienced first time parents we know! Thanks for the product recommendation - that wasn't on my list, so maybe I'll add it to the registry. ;)

gtpeach

Cyburbian
What made you so SURE you were going to have a daughter?
Little girl stuff is a lot cuter. Also, during the first ultrasound, the heartbeat indicated it was likely a girl based on the old wives' tales. And little girls are less physically draining than boys, from what people say, and I'm too old to run around chasing a little streak of endless energy.

So CCG will be raising this child. ;)

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Congratulations!

Happy:D, healthy :heart:thoughts for you and CCG and your (expected) bundle of joy!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Little girl stuff is a lot cuter. Also, during the first ultrasound, the heartbeat indicated it was likely a girl based on the old wives' tales. And little girls are less physically draining than boys, from what people say, and I'm too old to run around chasing a little streak of endless energy.

Oh that's right, I forget sometimes he's a few years younger. Anywho he's young enough it should be his permanently assigned task to keep up with the little spud. And you can, well, supervise.;)

Image result for cougar

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian

We have a 3 year old daughter who has more energy than any of my nephew from what I can remember when they were this age. She is insane!

DVD

Cyburbian
Congrats! You will now be subjected to endless bad parenting advice because everyone knows better than you so make sure to have the little one wrapped entirely in wool scarves in the summer to avoid any sunburns and they shouldn't be out of the stroller until maybe age 7 or 8.

My now 13 year old girl has been endless energy since day 1. Good luck!

terraplnr

Cyburbian
Congratulations Peach and CCG!!!!!!! That is wonderful news. :love:

I'm glad that you and the baby are healthy, and sorry to hear you have been feeling really sick, that definitely makes it less fun. I hope you feel better for the second half of pregnancy. FWIW, I have a completely unscientific observation based on a really small sample size that my female friends who had tougher pregnancies, had easier breastfeeding experiences, so that may give you some comfort if you choose that route. It's the yin and yang of having/raising children. . . the hard times get balanced out by the fun/adorable times so that the human species manages to survive. :roflmao: