• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

It's Race Day in the Town Next Door.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
That is just sick and wrong. Mtn. Dew out the nose does not feel good. Just by looking at him I knew he was at a race.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
That guy gives race fans a bad name - wait, they already have a bad name.

What's even more disturbing is that he cant' reach back there so someone else had to do it for him.

It reminds me of Sesame St. when the guy would paint the number 8 on another guy's head.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
biscuit: You owe me my lunch! :p
Well at least he's decent enough to have pants on....

A little game to play: Guess what's on his hands: I go with a Big Mac and a beer.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:

Well at least he's decent enough to have pants on....
But you know, there must be a hell of a lot of plumbers crack hidden by the back of the seat....thankfully. He probably even goes commando...

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
I look at this and have flashbacks to that day in May, when I got stuck in race traffic in Speedway while guys like that wove around my car clutching coolers and waving checkered flags. Believe me, he is one of many. The missing link apparently loves motor sports.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Good stuff!!

I forgot my camera last week when I went to Dover....I had intended on getting some good pics of the townsfolk

martini

Cyburbian
The really scary part though...politicians are starting to realize that the 'racer' crowd has been untapped for votes. I can't remember the canidate off hand, but there is one that is actually sponsoring a car at these races! I'm afraid for our political future here folks....

El Feo

Cyburbian
That would be Bob Graham (D-FL), and he's sponsoring a truck on the Crafstman NASCAR Truck Racing series. Ain't nothing wrong with that!

martini

Cyburbian
Well, I guess it is a creative sollution to getting more potential voters. The Dem's are scrambling for them, thats for sure!

Jeff

Cyburbian
martini said:
The really scary part though...politicians are starting to realize that the 'racer' crowd has been untapped for votes.
You don't realize that NASCAR races are WAY larger than any other sporting events that take place in this country, except maybe the Super Bowl. 160K + fans every week at the races (36 per year) that's alot of fans.

Rem

Cyburbian
We should petition Dan to divert some bandwidth pledges to buy this guy a shirt. How impressed would you be if you turned up to the race and he was in the seat next to you (or directly in front).

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
That has to be one of the nastiest things I have ever seen! EEEWWWWW!!!!!!! A gorilla isn't as hairy.

H

Cyburbian
A couple of years ago when I was living in East Tennessee I went with some friends to “people watch” at the nearby Bristol race, NASCAR fans are quite eccentric. If you enjoy people watching, go to a race, you’ll be exposed to a whole new world.

I actually went to a race, The Brickyard 500 in Indianapolis, a few years back. I enjoyed it but could not get excited about the sport. Sorry race fans.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Do you think he's smart enough to realize he's morbidly hairy, and this is self deprecating humor?

Yeah. I didnt think so either.

*shrug*