• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Jam Master Jay R.I.P.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Not too sure about you guys, but this "young hipster" is pretty sad about the passing of Jam Master Jay. I grew up listening to Run DMC, and actually saw them play at a bar in my area not too long ago.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Wow, sad news.

And he was just being promo's on Chicago radio - coming to town to do a live show.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I would bet that Raising Hell was the foray into rap music for many of us. RUN DMC were true pioneers in rap and rock and roll. Without RUN DMC working with Aerosmith on "Walk This Way," chances are we would have no Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, or any other rap-metal act. I can't stand most of that crap, but RUN DMC paved the way for them.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Old school rapper/DJ/scratcher, one who had the utmost respect from his peers, shot. He might not create the type of music that I enjoy, but nonetheless he was a man with talent and skill. Anytime someone with that level of creativity is lost, I think ... what a waste.