• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • On Thursday night (2/21), I did something I probably shouldn't have with the server. I lost about 90 posts and three new users in the process. If you registered on Thursday, please re-register. If you posted on Thursday, maybe post twice as much on Friday? Again, I apologize. :(

Jobs in New York

jhtranter

Anyone know of a good planning job in or around NYC? I have an MCP from UCBerkeley and several years experience in planning, housing development and local government. Just wondering.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Traditionally, jobs in New York State are difficult to find; not that they aren't out there, but because they usually aren't advertised beyond a posting at City Hall and an ad in a local paper.

You might want to check out the jobs page on the APA NYC Metro chapter, at http://www.nyplanning.org/jobs/jobs.htm.

Be aware that jobs in the NYC area tend not to pay as much as those in Southern California, despite a higher cost of living.