• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

John Forbes Kerry Implodes?

Is this Kerry's Lewinski?

• All Politicians have this kind of baggage - It will blow over in no time.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Dead man walking - it is just a matter of time.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Somewhere in the middle. It will hurt him just enough to lose to Bush.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Whoo Hoo! I think my man Kucinich has a shot now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is totally untrue. I heard Kerry likes young boys.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Too early for a poll. Let's let the story develop over the 3 day weekend and then I'll get back to

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • I have another opinion.

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

el Guapo

Capitalist
There are stories breaking that Mr. Pickle Fortune may have been dipping the gherkin in another's pickle jar.

"The campaign of Senator John Kerry, the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination, faced its first media storm last night after a Right-wing website alleged that he had asked a woman to leave the country for personal reasons.

Mr Kerry's campaign did not respond to the allegation on the Drudge Report, a news tipster, most famous for disclosing that Bill Clinton had an affair with Monica Lewinsky, a White House intern. When contacted, the Kerry campaign had no immediate comment."

http://www.drudgereport.com

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...ml&sSheet=/portal/2004/02/13/ixportaltop.html

SGB

Cyburbian
EG, you're slipping

This was literally yesterday's news.

I'm shocked you didn't post it yesterday! :p

biscuit

Cyburbian
Interesting.
Do you think he covered his pickle with a Heinz brand condiment?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I was curious as to whether any U.S. media outlets were going to pick up on this. If it's true, I wonder what impact it will have - after the whole schmiel about Clinton and his affair(s). Even though IMHO I don't think it really has a huge bearing on his (or anyone else's) ability to lead, it doesn't look very good.

BTW - It's the Canadian "Primary" this weekend. Democrats Abroad Canada are in the lobby here at City Hall today. I think Canada has something like 10 delegates at the national convention. Weird.

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
who knows whether its true or not.

seabishop is right that an affair might be no big deal. But Kerry went on IMUS this morning and denied it. Its the Lying!!!!!!!! if it turns out...

the better rumor is the one that its the clintonista wing of the party who floated this because now it looks like Kerry might have a good chance to beat Bush (and I can admit that even though I will vote for the President)

Gosh, then Hillary might be blocked from the white house for 8 years!

Chew on that for a sec.

EG--I see you had quotes arounf "right-wing" website. Who refers to drudge as right wing? I don't think thats accurate.

In my opinion, politicians are typically among the most unattractive (with very few exceptions) and uninteresting persons that I've ever encountered or have read about. I just don't understand why anyone would be interested in a politician's (or anyone else's for that matter) sex life??

boiker

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Interesting.
Do you think he covered his pickle with a Heinz brand condiment?
rimshot! btw.. i got a message that my reply must be at least 10 characters? hmm.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
After Clinton's misadventures, a run of the mill affair should be no big deal.
Yep after Clinton's little lie, and fun in the hotseat, I don't think it would matter because now its ok because the former pres. clinton did it.

Besides, wouldn't some of you like to have some woman you know leave the country;)

el Guapo

Capitalist
gkmo62u said:
EG--I see you had quotes arounf "right-wing" website. Who refers to drudge as right wing? I don't think thats accurate.
That is a direct quote from the story. Not my work. Drudge hates everyone equally. Facists like me are drawn to Drudge because he isn't the "liberal media." The previous quotes are mine. :)

otterpop

Cyburbian
Well, if it appeared in the Drudge Report it has just gotta be true!

Even if it is true, big whoop. Infidelity, while not admirable, is unfortunately not uncommon, particularly among the powerful and influential. If it is true, it is an issue between Kerry and his missus.

The Irish One

Even if he did lie about his sex life, he'll be ok. Don't we expect Presidential candidates to lie and tell half truths about their personal life in general? I do, and by golly that expectation is met every Presidential election season. Cheating, drugs, lying, these guys are American -it's not that unusual. imho

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
So... Politicians lying...that's a new one! Like we weren't used to it...
He'll keep on the race and will probably be the democrat candidate. If he wins or not, I don't know.

plankton

Cyburbian
It doesn't matter if the story is true or not. Just being able to engrain in voter's minds that Kerry might have done it is enough for the reactionary media.

Be prepared folks, there's more than $250 million dollars worth of this nonsense yet to come :-#

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Though this is completely different than the Lewinsky scandal, it is going to hurt him tremendously as the press and Bush allies try to paint him as another Clinton. Hopefully this hurts him in Wisconsin and Edwards gets the win and some much needed momentum. I think Edwards is more honest and down to earth and he may have the power to carry some southern states that may elude Kerry. I can't stand John Kerry (though I would prefer him over the current occupant) and I hope this is enough to cost him the nomiation (but I doubt it). I think it is good that this is coming out now as opposed to in October.