• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Journeymouse...say it isn't so...

el Guapo

Capitalist
UK pop star Adam Ant admits "cowboy" incident :?

LONDON, (Reuters) - Former British pop star Adam Ant on Tuesday admitted threatening pub customers who laughed at his cowboy attire and mocked him by humming the theme tune to spaghetti Western "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."

The musician pleaded guilty at the Old Bailey criminal court to the charge of affray. Sentencing was deferred until October 2 to allow time for psychiatric reports to be prepared.

Three other charges relating to the incident in January of this year -- criminal damage, assault and possession of an imitation firearm -- were dropped.

During a preliminary hearing, the court heard that the singer, whose real name is Stuart Goddard, strode into the Prince of Wales pub in north London dressed in a cowboy hat and combat jacket and with a starting gun in his pocket.

The court was told that Goddard was intent on "pistol whipping" the husband of a woman he had befriended. His composure evaporated when customers began giggling at his outfit and mocked him by humming the theme from the well-known Western.

Goddard left the pub and later flung a car alternator through the pub's window. He was chased by pub customers but scared them off by pulling the starting pistol from his pocket, the court heard.

During his 1980s heyday, his band Adam and the Ants sold more than 15 million records and enjoyed UK number one hits with the singles "Stand and Deliver" and "Prince Charming."

He styled himself as the "Dandy Highwayman," dressing in knee-length leather boots and frilly shirts, wearing Red Indian war paint across his cheeks.

After Tuesday's court appearance the singer, now balding and bespectacled, sped away without talking to reporters.

Reuters/Variety

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
Which bit? That he's old, balding and bespectecled? That his real name's Stuart Goddard? Or that he did this 'naughty' thing?

IIRC, he's been diagnosed with some mild form of mental illness, I forget exactly what.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
*sorry, couldn't be stopped*I guess he's not a goodie two goodie two gooodie goodie two shoes.

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
I'm glad I was drinking water, not tea... And thanks, BTurk, for the oppurtunity to try projectile snorting for the first time. It's an experience I'd rather not repeat.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Journeymouse said:
I'm glad I was drinking water, not tea... And thanks, BTurk, for the oppurtunity to try projectile snorting for the first time. It's an experience I'd rather not repeat.
My pleasure. Always play to your strengths....

donk

Cyburbian
QUOTE]IIRC, he's been diagnosed with some mild form of mental illness, I forget exactly what.[/QUOTE]

washed up itis with recuring symptoms of has been itis?[