• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

July is American Beer Month!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I have a friend who is going out east for the 4th and bringing back a case of Yuengling Lager, (from America's Oldest Brewery!) in honor of beer month.

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
Yes! A reason To Live!

Time to get some party favors![/QUOTE]

...and I second the motion. Without realizing it, I was already celebrating - this past weekend was the Colorado Brewer's Festival in Fort Collins - a stellar event in all respects and an affirmation of my claim that "now's the best time to be alive because of all that beer."

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I'm going to celebrate with a cold glass of Coors Light!

Seriously, I think I discovered my new local yesterday. Saison Dupont and Gumballhead on tap, and the overall lack of light, sold me.

RoadRunner

michaelskis said:
I have a friend who is going out east for the 4th and bringing back a case of Yuengling Lager, (from America's Oldest Brewery!) in honor of beer month.
the pride of pennsylvania! i'd bathe in their black & tan if my wife didn't object...

tsc

Cyburbian
Yuengling is pretty good stuff... and darn cheap! I have to pick out my cheap camping beer for next week....but going up north to the 'dacks and may have to drink red wine instead to keep warm!

Budgie

Cyburbian
Dan said:
I think I discovered my new local yesterday. Saison Dupont and Gumballhead on tap, and the overall lack of light, sold me.
Yes, but can you crawl from the new local to home?

I've got some of the bartenders at Queen B's hang out making "snake bites" properly. Those bastards got it wrong for about a month.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Everyone should take advantage of this month to broaden their beer horizons (maybe your waistlines too!) and try a beer you wouldn't otherwise try. Maybe you want to try a nice fruity-sour Framboise lambic or perhaps well aged Thomas Hardey's barleywine. I frequently recommend to folks who are used to drinking American lagers (Bud, Miller, Pabst, Coors etc.) that they start out trying a fine Dutch lager called Grolsch.
www.Grolsch.com
Sweet, smooth, refreshing......aaaah! Only 6 more hours till 5:00 pm!

And by all means if you have a local microbrewery - support your local economy first (Think global drink local)!

Oh wait - its AMERICAN beer month. Forget the Fram, Hardey's, and Grolsch stick your micros....

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Maybe we should all attempt to drink one beer from every state this month. The person with the most states wins.

o:) o:) o:) o:) o:)

boiker

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
Maybe we should all attempt to drink one beer from every state this month. The person with the most states wins.

If anyone enjoys a particularly good beer in the upcoming month, please report back to the thread. If you don't, the macrobrewers have already won.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I just posted a thread asking if you make beer, but it seems to have been deleted. It had a great pome about beer, asked for recipes, but nope, I guess the moderators would not let me ask it. I wish they would have let me known...

Oh well... anyone have any beer kit recipes that they would like to share?

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
michaelskis said:
I just posted a thread asking if you make beer, but it seems to have been deleted. It had a great pome about beer, asked for recipes, but nope, I guess the moderators would not let me ask it. I wish they would have let me known...

Oh well... anyone have any beer kit recipes that they would like to share?
[Mod Hat]

The "Neverending Beer thread" was deleted....since we talk about beer in enough other threads, it seemed like there were plenty of other threads where the topic could be discussed, rather than starting another neverending post pad thread. Feel free to start a beer thread.....but have a topic in mind other than "neverending"

[/Mod Hat]

Budgie

Cyburbian
WAIT A SECOND, you mean the MODS keep a neverending bike and internet joke thread going indefinitely, but the neverending beer thread was closed. How about a little equity to account for human priorities that appear in clusters. For example, me, myself and I plan on celebrating July with at least a six pack a day of something different. What we really need is a beer tasting contest at the next significant (they're all significant, I mean substantial in terms of living, breathing Cyburbanities) Laefest.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Repo Man said:

Well, I gotta believe I hold a promising lead already. So far I have experienced the following states this month: tipsy, sloshed, buzzed, pissed to the gills, inebriated, and drunk....