• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Just a lowly planner

lowlyplanner

Cyburbian
I just wanted to introduce myself... I'm a relatively new planner in a northeast Florida town which need not be named. Thus far I've been doing a little bit of everything, from comprehensive plan amendments to historic preservation. I've been following the forums for a little while now.

BTW, can anyone give instructions on how to post your own avatar? I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
welcome lowlyplanner!

If you go into the control panel you should be able to select the path to set & upload your custom avatar by going to "Edit Options" then to the "other options" section.

Hope that helps...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
lowlyplanner wrote:
BTW, can anyone give instructions on how to post your own avatar? I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.
Being in northern Florida, I recommend one of the General Contractor avatars. If the dress code in your neck of the woods is anything like it is in this heavily Nexteled section of west Orange County, this would be an appropriate choice.

winter_garden.jpg

Duy-yul's still duy-yud, man ... sob ...

If you don't want a mullet, though ...

1) Click on "Control Panel" at the top of this page.

2) Select "Edit Options".

3) Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and press the "Change avatar" button.

4) Scroll to the bottom of the first avatar page, and click on the "yes" radio button for using a custom avatar. Browse, and upload!

5) BTW, animated avatars are a pet peeve of mine, and thus they'll lead short lifespans.

:army

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Re: Just a lowly planner

Dan Tasman wrote:
BTW, animated avatars are a pet peeve of mine, and thus they'll lead short lifespans.
:army
Like this one?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Re: Re: Just a lowly planner

bturk wrote:
Like this one?
Your punishment has been carried out.

:blah

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Re: Re: Re: Just a lowly planner

Dan Tasman wrote:
Your punishment has been carried out.
:blah
OMG I laughed up a lung.

lowlyplanner

Cyburbian
That guy looks my three neighbors who hang out in the front yard and drink beer. When I lived in Boston, people didn't understand about "King of the Hill" - they thought those characters were exagerations...

I tried to upload my avatar of choice, but it didn't work and gave me a random avatar. I wonder if I have firewall issues.