• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Kansans?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I haven't been able to log onto CNN.com for two days now. I think they must have blocked out Canadians ;)

Jeff

Cyburbian
Its the beginning of the end for you Canucks. Today CNN.com, tomorrow NHL.com

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, eh?

donk

Cyburbian
It must be a really slow news day, the next story will be British Columbia is really hilly.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Sad thing is, the US Government probably funded that research.

I was more impressed with ESRI's article on Mapping the Geoid which is painfully mind numbing, but still fascinating to me.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Piss off

As a Kansan, I delight in the fact that we are not waffle-like as the Wisconsinites, who clearly trap excess butter and syrup in their many cavities, are often perceived. Also, we do not have the feminine breakfast food qualities that keep comparisons between Texas and Crêpes in the media spotlight. And New Jersey is clearly "Special - K" country. ;)

Queen B

Cyburbian
It is articles like these that give Kansas a bad name.
The next one will say that there are indian ambushes along I-70 and people will believe that Dodge City is still the wild wild west!
And no Dorothy and Toto are not there,
it was just a movie, get over it already!

Jeff

Cyburbian
Re: Piss off

EG said:
And New Jersey is clearly "Special - K" country. ;)
I thought it was a convenient way to get to the beach and NYC ?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: Piss off

EG said:
As a Kansan, I delight in the fact that we are not waffle-like as the Wisconsinites, who clearly trap excess butter and syrup in their many cavities, are often perceived. Also, we do not have the feminine breakfast food qualities that keep comparisons between Texas and Crêpes in the media spotlight. And New Jersey is clearly "Special - K" country. ;)
Yes, we Wisconsinners bask in our pure maple syrup and melted buttery goodness. Why not? It is certainly better than the reconstituted dehydrated scrambled egg topography of Colorado or the buttered wheat toast with strawberry jam that is Pennsylvania. I don't even need to begin talking about the granola and soy milk state of California.