• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Killing Kittens? This might change your mind, or make you puke...

Cardinal

Cyburbian
They're all ugly. They're cats.

Oh great, my eyes are starting to get itchy just from that.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
It was cute. For about the first 50-60 cats, then you wonder, don't they whittle it down to 10 finalists, like Miss America?

Cardinal, cats aren't only for girls.

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Someone once sent me a snap showing a gun pointed at a kitten.
Lemme look for it. 8-!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Zoning Goddess said:
Cardinal, cats aren't only for girls.
Hmmm, why is it there is this strong gender association with cats = women; dogs = men? I think we see this best illustrated when looking at unmarried folks. I'll bet there's three times as many single women that have cats than single guys that do.

What is it about cats (apart from an unsavory premium they put on tidiness) that screams 'female'? :m: Or conversely what is it about dogs that screams 'male'?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Maister said:
Hmmm, why is it there is this strong gender association with cats = women; dogs = men? I think we see this best illustrated when looking at unmarried folks. I'll bet there's three times as many single women that have cats than single guys that do.

What is it about cats (apart from an unsavory premium they put on tidiness) that screams 'female'? :m: Or conversely what is it about dogs that screams 'male'?
Dogs are usually bigger. They bark, they "protect" the family, the can do rugged things like hunting with their masters.

Cats are aloof and mysterious with a mind of their own (which seems to be how many men see us women).

For the record, I have always owned a dog but have 3 cats, too.

Doitnow

Cyburbian
This might change your mind or actually make you puke.

Cats Have Nine Lives!!
(Ever heard 'Cats Got Nine' sung by Salty Dog. Ever heard of Salty Dog) :-D
Hey! I finally got it. The snap about the kitten I told you about earlier.
Here it is...

P.S.Like RJ, Today is a big day for me in Cyburbia

Last edited: