• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

'King of the Hill'

Virtue City

Cyburbian
Has anyone ever seen the episode of 'King of the Hill' where the Mega-lo Mart starts to carry products and services that the local businesses offer? The chain stomps out local businesses, and all of the employees of the specialized businesses have to work for sixteen year olds at the Mega-lo Mart.

It's a great episode. If you haven't seen, make sure that you try to catch it.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Haven't seen that King of the Hill episode, but last night on "Family Guy", Peter got in trouble with the City when he tried to build a pool in his backyard...his lot technically didn't exist, so he ended up proclaiming his own country. It was funnier than it sounds. Adam West is great as the paranoid mayor...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Sorry I missed it -

I was busy watching this geat new show!

Ooh, that reminds me of the side story in What's Eating Gilbert Grape, where the little IGA where Gilbert works is going out of business because of the huge grocery mart that just opened up in town. This should probably be under planner related movies.