• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Laefest 2003 Pictures (finally)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Sadly, amongst the 6 of us there was only ONE crappy disposable camera. So I waited till it was full to get it developed (damn that took a lot of bars!) and lo-n-behold, they sucked!.

Only 2 pics worked out from the Alefest (and from now on will refrain from calling it the laefest becasue (1) It was all guys, and (2)the misspelling has run its course, not too funny anymore.

55Laefest2003_1-med.jpg

Decatur Hawk, Chet, Mr Frisky (lurker), and Cardinal

55Laefest2003_2-med.jpg

Cardinal, Greenscapist, Decaturhawk, and Mr. Frisky (note the double barrel pints - this guy is Milwaukee made)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Your post prompted me to get he camera out of the car and upload the images onto my computer. Here are some more Laefest shots.

11P1010031.jpg

11P1010032.jpg

And only because it was on the same roll of film and I like it, here's an off-topic shot of my back yard.

11P1010020.jpg

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
My bad. I honestly dont remember making Bunny out of Decatur Hawk. I guess it was the pre-Alefest martinis down the street!

Jeff

Cyburbian
.....and what was it that caused Decatur Hawk to pull a Planderella in that last shot?

Queen B

Cyburbian
I just have to ask...
Did you all call each other to coordinate your wardrobes, like that?

Just teasing! They are really good pictures, wish I could have been there!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Decatur Hawk is wearing the Planners Uniform too. ;)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
LIVE tonight at Phil's Rock Palace its the ROCKTASTICS playing the best in Planning Rock - Joni Mitchell, Rush, John Cougar and more! $79.99 cover charge goes to benefit APA.

Glad you had fun. :)

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Hey! Who let in the old guy? Actually, at the time of Laefest I had just lost about 40 pounds and the only pants that wouldn't fall off of me were the ones I was wearing. Also, notice that the hip, young urban professionals (Chet, Greenescapist and Frisky) are wearing the "new" planner's uniforms (basic black), while Card and I are stuck in the old ones.

Chet, I could "feel" that bunny all along. (oops, could that be misinterpreted?)

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Nice pictures. I never noticed the uniforms we had on. I suppose no fashion trends come out of the Midwest. :)