• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Software Land data management and project tracking

michaelskis

Cyburbian
What software do you use for data management and project tracking? I am thinking of something like a centralized database that be searchable with a pin number, address, case number, or a project name that can bring up files, details of the project, and possible GIS integration. Preferably something that have a good user interface and will create a record for each parcel and connect those within a particular subdivision or plat.

estromberg

Cyburbian
What do you have access to in the way of GIS now? This wouldn't be all that difficult to do.

estromberg

Cyburbian
I never got an answer to the original question. GIS integration requires some information about the GIS in place. This could be relatively easily done entirely in GIS using related tables and geodatabase attachments, however without knowing what the user has access to, I don't want to spend the time to type out a possibly impractical or wrongly scaled solution.