• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Land use issues concerning cemeteries

lnd use issues concerning cemeteries

Water table height, frost depth, land erosion properties... I'm not an engineer, but those are some of the things I thought of.

Otis Kato

Just finished rezoning a site. Groundwater and surrounding wells were an issue. I can provide a copy of the report.

If you ever propose to develop a residential subdivision on top of an old cemetery, make sure you move all of the bodies to another location first. I once heard about a developer that built the houses right on top of the old cemetery, and the residents started having all kinds of problems. As I recall, evil clown dolls came to life, dead bodies surfaced in the pool, a bedroom closet turned into a netherworld vortex, ghosts meandered through the halls, and houses began to implode.

I don't believe FEMA has a contingiency fund to cover supernatural occurences and related disasters.