• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Last Day - Cold Turkey

donk

Cyburbian
Today is my last day of work.

Start packing tomorrow, move next week and start the new job on the Ides of March. (Should I take that as a sign?)

Just want to thank everyone and say an official good bye (hopefully not permanent), I'm not sure how much more posting will go on for the next week or so and am definitely not sure once I start at the new job. Hopefully I can get my home computer running again.

Its been fun goofing off with all of you and learning from you the past 2 years.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Enjoy your last day of work! Wonder if all the trailer park people will miss you?

Good luck with the move, and see you in about a week or so. Don't forget the Garrison!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Best wishes, donk.

As you leave that horrendous place, remember the wise man who said "Don't look over your shoulder, somebody might be gaining on you!" and get the h3ll out of there as quick as possible.

I expect you'll continue to find ways to visit Cyburbia, which we all know is the greatest "professional resource" in urban planning ;-)

el Guapo

Capitalist
It wont be the same without you! Come back soon.

Ride the Tastey Waves Bro.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Good luck and congratulations. Remember your prioritites when you get your new job - cyburbia first, work as time allows. ;)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The collective IQ of the Maritimes will drop by 10 ponts with your departure. :D

michaelskis

Cyburbian
donk said:
Today is my last day of work.

Start packing tomorrow, move next week....QUOTE]

WOW... a week? I was out of Reading the 6 hours after I walked out of city hall for the final time. Granted I stayed at the Ex's house an hour away.... But I wanted to wash my hands of that place as soon as possible.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Find an internet cafe and drop by during your drive, eh? I hope it all goes well and we will see you back here soon.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Good Luck donk.

THanks for all your insight and laughter along the way. May your move be safe and uneventful.

Good luck at your new job and don't forget about all of us here in Cyburbia.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Hope all goes well, and that we'll see you back here soon.

Tell your new boss that you are an integral part of the throbbing brain, I'm sure he'll understand... :)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
As always, best of luck donk....even though the liklihood of me ever seeing that Garrison from you just decreased exponentially. ;)

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Best of luck during the move, and don't take the Ides as a bad sign--it's just another day, according to the dictionary (although beware of people named Brutus, just in case).

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Congrats Donk. Good luck with your new job. I am sure you will be back and posting soon.

donk

Cyburbian
well it is just after 4:30 here, one last trip to load the car and I am officially a man of leisure for 2 weeks.

Michaelskis, I'd love to be all organized to leave, but the joys of home ownership makes that one difficult. The move will also occur in 2 steps, first to my parent's then to Ontario.

Cardinal, while where I am going is better than here, I doubt they have internet cafes. I am pretty sure they have an access centre though.

Rem

Cyburbian
Sorry I missed your departure (I was sleeping). Best wishes for a smooth transition.

donk

Cyburbian
This is the official cold turkey/last call at the bar post.

Start the new job on Monday, I was able to find an internet source the next town over (not "next door" fortunately). Also due to a volunteer position I was roped into/volunteered for I'll be getting a new computer and high speed line once I find a place to live. That is one of my last tasks to do.

The past 2 weeks have been great, veging out, meeting women (and I thought that having none was difficult, juggling is worse)

I'll hopefully have enough vacation time for the up coming international laefest.

I'll post as soon as I can.

donk said:
The past 2 weeks have been great, veging out, meeting women (and I thought that having none was difficult, juggling is worse)
But that's the kind of problem you want to have, isn't it? :-D

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
...and start the new job on the Ides of March. (Should I take that as a sign?)
OK, since I missed the entire thread and no one else was stupid enough...

ET TU DONK???

JNL

Cyburbian
donk said:
I'll be getting a new computer and high speed line once I find a place to live.
Excellent!

(and I thought that having none was difficult, juggling is worse)
I know exactly what you mean ;)

Hope to see you at the Laefest!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Err... hope you had a good move.. sorry for the late response! :p
Hope you're doing well in your new digs and new workplace! :)