• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Last day

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Well, today is my last day as a park planner. I will now be looking foward to the movers coming to pack us to head even further north. This is the first time I have ever left a job not caring that I am leaving or feeling that overwhelming sense of responsibility. It is an interesting feeling. :) Now I need to figure out what I am going to be when I grow up.

BTW, does anyone have any good examples for cover letters? I have looked online, but I haven't seen anything good. I am thinking of applying to be a research assistant for an archaeological firm - I going to do something a little different (I think.)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Good luck in the new locale, TN. Hope you figure out what you wanna do when you get there. All the best! ;-)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Good luck, and look forward to meeting you in DC!

ludes98

Cyburbian
I have left a job before not caring and couldn't have been happier. It was an exodus from an undesirable place. Good luck in the new locale.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Trail Nazi said:
Now I need to figure out what I am going to be when I grow up.
When you figure that, please tell the rest of us how you did it.

BTW - ditto on what everybody else has said.

JNL

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
Now I need to figure out what I am going to be when I grow up.

BTW, does anyone have any good examples for cover letters?
Come to Neverland and then you won't have to figure it out! :)

I'll see if I can find a copy of the cover letter that got me this job. I went out on a limb and applied for a job that didn't really exist (yet). I was outside the profile of people they normally hire but my letter must have caught their attention because I got an interview and they created a job for me!

It was something along the lines of 'I've done some research in this field and it is a growing area in this country that will affect your business, so I would love to learn more about it while helping your company get into this area'.

Rem

Cyburbian
Good luck TN. Make sure you pack the good crystal on the bottom of the box full of something really heavy - that way the removalists will take extra care.

Maybe I got that wrong. Just should pack the crystal in your hand luggage and don't let Mr TN near it.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
This is the first time I have ever left a job not caring that I am leaving or feeling that overwhelming sense of responsibility. It is an interesting feeling. :)
So, in short you don't give a ****. Then it's time to move on. Never grow up and always try new things.

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
Well, today is my last day as a park planner. I will now be looking foward to the movers coming to pack us to head even further north.
Where are you moving to TN? I'll revise the Cyburbia dotmap and Postcard page

annie

Budgie said:
So, in short you don't give a ****. Then it's time to move on. Never grow up and always try new things.
Ha! I'm currently on "sabbatical" before grad school because I could no longer handle that I wasn't learning anything new in my job! Never work for a firm that is unwilling to teach you anything new...and which employs people who complain about going to conferences! Maybe I'm a dork, but I'm sitting here "unemployed" and watching a webcast on public health/planning. I could not be happier!