• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Last Hockey Game of the Season

nerudite

Cyburbian
Well tonight is the night... last game of the hockey season. Anyone have any preference who takes the Stanley Cup?

Personally... I'm torn. I can't really call it ambivalence, as I really, really hate the Devils. But then, I'm not a big fan of Anaheim either, and the thought of some Disney players hoisting the cup is a little disappointing. I guess I'm rooting for the mickey mouse club.

donk

Cyburbian
They won't be showing it here, the election is a higher priority. I wonder if Lord would have called the election for today if a Canadian team was in the hunt?

I still have to figure out which one of the three monkeys to vote for.

prudence

Cyburbian
??????

You mean the season isn't over yet? The NHL season is almost as long as a Candian Winter...

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: ??????

prudence said:
You mean the season isn't over yet? The NHL season is almost as long as a Candian Winter...
Yeah this has been a long one... lots of series went to a game 7 (including tonight's). Game 7 in the Finals is pretty exciting to watch... even if the two teams are less than interesting in themselves.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Right after the Ducks win the cup, an impromptu show of "Disney on Ice" breaks out, with a guy in a Mickey Mouse suit skating around with the cup.

As this occurs, Walt rolls in his grave.

donk

Cyburbian
mastiff posted
As this occurs, Walt rolls in his grave.
As does Foster Hewitt and then Don Cherry has a heart attack and his head explodes.

I'm rooting for the Devils. I hate Disney. Down with the Mouse. The Mighty Ducks is really just such a stupid name for a franchise.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
QUACK QUACK

The ducks better win. They beat the wings, so they better beat everyone.

I will be sitting at a bar stool, with a fellow planner from the office with an order of hot wings, and a cold mug. When the final buzzer goes off, I a tear will fall into my beer as I realize that I have to wait many months till the puck drops again.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I am incredibly torn, and yet ambivilent about the whole thing...

I can't stand the Mighty Ducks, and always cheer for whoever their opponent is...even if it's the hated Canadiens! But....it would be nice for Steve "Stumpy" Thomas to hoist that cup...

I detest the Devils too, but I think they're the lesser of two evils.

Who's betting on there being a Mighty Ducks 4 movie if they win?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
But....it would be nice for Steve "Stumpy" Thomas to hoist that cup...
Damn good point. It would also be good to see Adam Oates get the cup as well.

It's just so hard to take seriously with the Ducks.