• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Last noontime question from Michaelskis

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Wow, I missed it again.

But that is making me think… the 4pm / noontime question has been going for a while, and was intended to provide increased interaction at a time when posts numbers where down. Well in the past few months, several people have joined the clube, new members have increased posts and interaction, and my work load continues to increase as quickly as the temperature out side. So, this will be the final Noontime question from Michaelskis. The idea is up for grabs if someone would like it. I am still going to be an active member of cyburbia, but I think that I am all questioned out.

Looking back on all the questions I could have asked, but didn’t, makes me wonder….

What is the greatest question has anyone ever asked you in person?

pete-rock

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
What is the greatest question has anyone ever asked you in person?
Not the greatest question ever asked me, but certainly the most frequent:

"Are those your real eyes?"

As an African-American with naturally blue-gray eyes, I get that an awful lot.

I don't know about greatest question, but...

Stupidest Question Ever Asked :
When I was waiting tables in college, a new co-worker asked about my good sized cafe au lait birthmark: "What's that on the back of your leg?" Me: "A birthmark" Her: "What's that?" Me: "A mark I was born with." I also frequently get: "Did you know you sat in some dirt?"

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Q. What were you thinking when you
a) said
b) wrote
c) did
that ?

A. (fill in the blank)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Not the greatest, but surely the most unexpected:

"Would you mind leaving by the back door really quick? I think my wife just pulled into the driveway."

Wife? What wife?

jestes

Cyburbian
"How much money will it take to get you to come work here and how soon can you start?"

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
pete-rock said:
As an African-American with naturally blue-gray eyes, I get that an awful lot.
Are you a Afrikaaner, or are you really black with blue eyes? Wow!

I get asked about my eyes quite a bit. Biologically, I've inherited quite a few Mediterranean features, so my light blue eyes contrast with dark hair and olive skin. I get "are they real?" a lot, too.

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Not the greatest, but surely the most unexpected:

"Would you mind leaving by the back door really quick? I think my wife just pulled into the driveway."

Wife? What wife?
You never told me about that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TN..have you heard this story?????

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Zoning Goddess said:
I think this is one of those PM things. Look for a message.
Oh haysoos x-mas, this sounds like a good one. :)

pete-rock

Cyburbian
Dan said:
I'm an actual black guy, with a medium/light complexion, with blue-gray eyes. I've been called a dead ringer for actor Terrence Howard, another black guy with blue-gray eyes.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Zoning Goddess said:
Uh-huh, and if you ever come to FL and buy me a few drinks, I'll tell you the whole sordid story. ;-)
OK, I'm keeping that in mind when I get there. ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Zoning Goddess said:
Uh-huh, and if you ever come to FL and buy me a few drinks, I'll tell you the whole sordid story. ;-)
My friend in Ft Lauderdale just got out of prison and I'm due to visit him soon. Don't offer whatcha aint gonna deliver! :-0 Hey, I could attend the FL laefest! Yay!

Budgie

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
The idea is up for grabs if someone would like it. I am still going to be an active member of cyburbia, but I think that I am all questioned out.
TUNA, TUNA, TUNA, TUNA, TUNA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Chet said:
My friend in Ft Lauderdale just got out of prison and I'm due to visit him soon. Don't offer whatcha aint gonna deliver! :-0 Hey, I could attend the FL laefest! Yay!
Chet, you will be the icing on the cake at the lae-fest! ;-)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Zoning Goddess said:
Chet, you will be the icing on the cake at the lae-fest! ;-)
Well, ya know everyone likes to lick the icing, baby!!

Dan said:

I get asked about my eyes quite a bit. Biologically, I've inherited quite a few Mediterranean features, so my light blue eyes contrast with dark hair and olive skin. I get "are they real?" a lot, too.
My mom has olive skin and pale blue eyes. So I know exactly how striking that is. :)

Last edited:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Budgie said:
TUNA, TUNA, TUNA, TUNA, TUNA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/looks into crystal ball

Noontime question from Rumpy Tuna: Describe your most glorious zit-popping experience.
Noontime question from Rumpy Tuna: What fellow Cyburbian would you like to have a one-night stand with?
Noontime question from Rumpy Tuna: Are you a shower or a grower?

/jolts up shaking and sweating

:D

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Dan said:
/looks into crystal ball

Noontime question from Rumpy Tuna: Describe your most glorious zit-popping experience.
Noontime question from Rumpy Tuna: What fellow Cyburbian would you like to have a one-night stand with?
Noontime question from Rumpy Tuna: Are you a shower or a grower?

/jolts up shaking and sweating
Who is this Rumpy Tuna you speak of?

Noontime question from Rumpy Tuna: Are you a shaker or a mower?

Goodbye, it was nice hanging out here but my ship has arrived and its time for me to go home.

Last edited:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Goodbye, it was nice hanging out here but my ship has arrived and its time for me to go home.
Just kiddin .... forgot the smilie!

tsc

Cyburbian
I can't think of a question asked,,, but I do remember the best answer... "yes"