• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Latin American Planning

cmdrico7812

Cyburbian
Hello all,

I am a college study majoring in planning and I am doing a research paper for my Geography of Latin America class. I would like to research current issues and topics in Urban Planning in the region. The only thing, I don't really know any good resources to find information on the subject. I'm kinda looking at transportation, housing, pollution, infrastructure, overpopulation, slums, etc. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks a bunch

Rico

tsc

Cyburbian
Picture Cyburbia like the Yellow Brick Road... you are in Munchinland... this is the beginning... and all you have to do.. is click your mouse .. not your heels,, and not three times but once... on the Resource Directory. The world of planning is there.....

Last edited:

H

Cyburbian
Well, to follow tsc, there is a ton of great sites on the Resource Directory. However, to recommend a few;

For current news www.americas.org is a good site.

I second The Irish One’s rec of the World Bank, but also check out the Inter-American Development Bank at http://www.iadb.org/

Also, most countries and regions have local planning agencies; many of them are in a directory put out by the private firm of AEI-CASC. Contact them for the directory at www.aei-casc.com

Have fun and welcome to the boards.

Last edited:

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Mabye this isn't exactly planning (urban at least) but have you gone to the CEPAL (Economic Commision For Latin America and the Caribean) web site? As you may see it's quite focused on ecomony, and it's a UN commision.
Here's the site in english: http://www.cepal.cl/default.asp?idioma=IN :)