• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Let It Be Naked

donk

Cyburbian
Heard it on the weekend, and not being a huge Beatle fan could not really tell the difference. It was enjoyable and Beatle like.

I think it may have been helpful to have released it as a 2 CD set, one naked one "normal. Velvet Underground did this with Loaded and it made for interesting comparisons.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Let It Be is my favourite Beatles album, and I was definitely planning on picking up the new release to see what the original "vision" of this albume was supposed to be like. But yeah, like The Irish One said, all those tracks have been floating around out there for quite a while. I'm not sure I'll bother picking it up.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
We downloaded a couple of the songs "for evaluation", and I wasn't really impressed. Not to say I disliked it, but I think I prefer the "dressed" versions. They (the "naked" versions) sound like demos.

However, "Get Back" sounds a little more bluesy, since you can hear the guitar a little better. Kinda cool.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I like it as a companion piece to Let It Be. It does sound like outtakes. I don't like Let It Be as much as some other Beatles. Revolver and Rubber Soul are my faves.

Tom R

Cyburbian
Let It Be

I sort of like the less produced qualities. I don't think Phil Spector did the music justice. I think he produced Imagine too. Maybe I'm just getting old, but for the most part I don't care for a lot of the over produced music. Some of it probably wouldn't be listenable unless the producer polished it up. Which begs the question, who is the real artist? The musicians or the producer?

Slightly OT, is anyone familiar with Simon and Garfunkle's original "Sounds of Silence" from their album Wednesday Morning, 4 AM? I like it better than the popular version with the added electric guitars.

Tom R

Cyburbian
lbn

I think Michael Jackson owns the rights to the Beatles' songs. Maybe the profits will go to his defence fund.