• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Let's go out in the field!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
New gas station. It was going to be a Chevron, but now it'll be a Shell. We told 'em "no yellow canopy!"

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Car wash for the new gas station

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
A subdivision. It's gated -- something that's no longer permitted in the town.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Some construction in the aforementioned subdivision. In the Orlando area, most homes are built from concrete block -- it's so they can survive both hurricane-force winds and termites.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
A house in Old Town. It looks like a frame house, but like most of the others it's made from block.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Another house in Old Town. Back to work!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Bah. They're just plain 'ol boring field photos from today. I'd like to see what other folks see out in the field ... Friday, I'll be in the office for most of the day.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
We have a good range of housing types.... See next

Jen

Cyburbian
Ok I do find the two room shack to be way more charming then the castle (pic 1)- is that actually a residence?!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I end up spending a lot of my time with the business park. I wish they were all this good...

Cardinal

Cyburbian
We've been reclaiming the lakefront. This used to be all blighted. The smokestack across the lake is gone, being replaced with $180-200,000 condominiums....

Cardinal

Cyburbian
This time of the year, we get people trekking through our forests (along the Ice Age Trail) in search of spring...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Jen wrote:
Ok I do find the two room shack to be way more charming then the castle (pic 1)- is that actually a residence?!
Yes, it is. Every hear of the company Books Are Fun? He recently sold the company for $380,000,000 to Readers Digest. We have many houses in that style, although that is the largest. I couldn't get a shot of the pool area with its fake mountain water slide.

Check out this link for more on this style http://www.mgc-vastu.com/

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Field visits...

Our soon-to-be on-line gas fired power plant in our Eco-Park...

NHPlanner

Staff member
Another Eco-Park Project under construction...

NHPlanner

Staff member
Detour road as the airport expands the runway...

Cardinal

Cyburbian
NHPlanner - We have one of those in our city as well. It is a cogeneration plant that provides steam to a five-acre indoor growing center and the UW Whitewater campus. It is a great asset to the city.

You have an Eco-Industrial Park? Tell me more, tell me more...